Nonsensical gun article

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Nonsensical gun article

Postby daleamn on Fri Mar 31, 2023 2:21 pm

MSN.COM is my browser home page (I've have been told this is my problem) and one of the many gun related headlines caught my eye.

I now must admit I was stupidly mistaken about the source of the article. It's from "24/7 Wall St." which I assumed was somehow associated with the Wall Street Journal. Like I said I was stupidly mistaken and am disgusted that I hadn't figured out long ago that "24/7 Wall St." is NOT, in any way, part of the Wall Street Journal. Here's the 'about us' for "24/7 Wall St."

24/7 Wall St., LLC is a Delaware corporation which runs a financial news and opinion company with content delivered over the Internet. The company’s articles are republished by many of the largest news sites and portals, including MSN MarketWatch, USAToday, AOL, and newspaper and broadcast sites across America.

Anyway here's a link to one of the dumbest articles you'll ever come across about guns on the main stream media.
One hopeful point is there are over one hundred comments to the article and practically all of them deride/ridicule/disparage the article.

The 25 Highest-Velocity Handguns You Can Buy

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets ... 0#image=16
daleamn

Re: Nonsensical gun article

Postby Holland&Holland on Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:02 pm

daleamn wrote:MSN.COM is my browser home page (I've have been told this is my problem) and one of the many gun related headlines caught my eye.

I now must admit I was stupidly mistaken about the source of the article. It's from "24/7 Wall St." which I assumed was somehow associated with the Wall Street Journal. Like I said I was stupidly mistaken and am disgusted that I hadn't figured out long ago that "24/7 Wall St." is NOT, in any way, part of the Wall Street Journal. Here's the 'about us' for "24/7 Wall St."

24/7 Wall St., LLC is a Delaware corporation which runs a financial news and opinion company with content delivered over the Internet. The company’s articles are republished by many of the largest news sites and portals, including MSN MarketWatch, USAToday, AOL, and newspaper and broadcast sites across America.

Anyway here's a link to one of the dumbest articles you'll ever come across about guns on the main stream media.
One hopeful point is there are over one hundred comments to the article and practically all of them deride/ridicule/disparage the article.

The 25 Highest-Velocity Handguns You Can Buy

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets ... 0#image=16

I saw that as well. I mean, there are ALOT of dumb people who write gun articles that are so wrong on so many levels, but this one.... I think my dog could have written a better more accurate article. Of course his would have been:

1. Pheasant shotgun
2. Pheasant shotgun
3. Pheasant shotgun
4. Pheasant shotgun
5. Pheasant shotgun
6. Pheasant shotgun
7. Pheasant shotgun
8. Pheasant shotgun
9. Pheasant shotgun
10. Pheasant shotgun
11. Pheasant shotgun
12. Pheasant shotgun
13. Pheasant shotgun
14. Pheasant shotgun
15. Pheasant shotgun
16. Pheasant shotgun
17. Pheasant shotgun
18. Pheasant shotgun
19. Pheasant shotgun
20. Pheasant shotgun
21. Pheasant shotgun
22. Pheasant shotgun
23. Pheasant shotgun
24. Pheasant shotgun
25. Pheasant shotgun
Holland&Holland

Postby Jackpine Savage on Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:18 pm

That's called click bait.

I know a guy that sets up datacenters. He set up one for an outfit that makes money generating outlandish 'news' articles. They take actual news, add some BS, and come up with a catchy headline. They had employee competitions to see who could generate the most clicks per article.
Jackpine Savage

Postby Holland&Holland on Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:50 am

Jackpine Savage wrote:That's called click bait.

I know a guy that sets up datacenters. He set up one for an outfit that makes money generating outlandish 'news' articles. They take actual news, add some BS, and come up with a catchy headline. They had employee competitions to see who could generate the most clicks per article.

Our society is lost.
Holland&Holland

Postby LarryFlew on Mon Apr 03, 2023 4:03 pm

Looks like every popular 9 and add a velocity number. Hope it sells a lot more to people believing that relates to anything. On the fence try a number 10.
If you're having second thoughts you're two ahead of most Democrats
LarryFlew

Location: Hamburg, MN - CZ fan - Class of 66 - USAF 66-70 - NRA life since 1970

Postby Holland&Holland on Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:36 am

LarryFlew wrote:Looks like every popular 9 and add a velocity number. Hope it sells a lot more to people believing that relates to anything. On the fence try a number 10.

9mm is screaming fast! I mean, I think I will put aside the ole .220 swift and scope up my glock as my new prairie dog rig.
Holland&Holland

Postby cobb on Tue Apr 04, 2023 12:21 pm

Jackpine Savage wrote:I know a guy that sets up datacenters. He set up one for an outfit that makes money generating outlandish 'news' articles. They take actual news, add some BS, and come up with a catchy headline. They had employee competitions to see who could generate the most clicks per article.

CNN?
“Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result”. - Winston Churchill

RIVER VALLEY TRAINING
MN. DPS/BCA approved training organization.

http://www.RiverValleyTraining.com
cobb

Postby Jackpine Savage on Tue Apr 04, 2023 12:29 pm

cobb wrote:
Jackpine Savage wrote:I know a guy that sets up datacenters. He set up one for an outfit that makes money generating outlandish 'news' articles. They take actual news, add some BS, and come up with a catchy headline. They had employee competitions to see who could generate the most clicks per article.

CNN?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Jackpine Savage

Return to In The News