Atomic Tactical Raided by the ATF

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Atomic Tactical Raided by the ATF

Postby Stugotz on Sun May 14, 2023 12:46 pm

An employee Benjamin Zwack, 29, of Burnsville, is accused of selling 3D-printed devices that render guns fully automatic. He illegally possessing 3-D printed auto sears ansold them to an ATF agent.

"Atomic Tactical, Inc., is a federally licensed firearms business, but Zwack, of Burnsville, has a November 2022 felony drug conviction out of Dakota County that bars him from possessing firearms or ammunition.

An agent for the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF) learned in March that Zwack was selling 3D-printed auto sears via a tip from a confidential informant used by a drug task force in Dakota County, according to the complaint.

Zwack made his first federal court appearance on Thursday on charges of illegally possessing machinegun conversion devices and possessing firearms as a felon. A message was left for comment with the federal defender listed as representing Zwack. He was ordered to remain in custody pending further court proceedings.

According to charges, the undercover agent went to the store on March 7 and bought 11 3D-printed conversion devices from Zwack. The devices were designed to convert semiautomatic AR-type weapons to shoot automatically and were not serialized or registered.

During the purchase, the agent also saw a firearm in Zwack's waistband. Officers later recovered a Girsan-Regard 9mm semi-automatic pistol from the center console of Zwack's vehicle and a shotgun and ammunition from his home during searches on March 30. A search of Zwack's storage locker in Lake City, Minn., also turned up additional firearms, ammunition and items suspected to be homemade silencers and a destructive device.

Stephen Montemayor covers federal courts and law enforcement. He previously covered Minnesota politics and government.

stephen.montemayor@startribune.com"

He is F#*k#d!!!
Speed is Fine, Accuracy is final....but accurate hits at extremely high speed is final much faster.
I don't think you understand, these boys killed my dog!
Taking the gun off safe increases the velocity by 100%
Stugotz

Re: Atomic Tactical Raided by the ATF

Postby usnret on Sun May 14, 2023 1:19 pm

Play stupid games, win prizes!
"The two most important rules in a gunfight are: Always cheat and
Always win."
GLOCK Certified Armorer
usnret

Postby Stugotz on Sun May 14, 2023 1:33 pm

Kenny (Owner of Atomic Tactical) is a Hell of a nice guy, I hope this doesn't affect him and his business to badly.
Speed is Fine, Accuracy is final....but accurate hits at extremely high speed is final much faster.
I don't think you understand, these boys killed my dog!
Taking the gun off safe increases the velocity by 100%
Stugotz

Postby xd ED on Sun May 14, 2023 6:07 pm

Stugotz wrote:Kenny (Owner of Atomic Tactical) is a Hell of a nice guy, I hope this doesn't affect him and his business to badly.

From what I've read (which admittedly is not a lot), Zwack, and not A T has been the focus of what's happened.
Most of the media did not mention the shop by name in their news announcements.
In the official complaint against Zwack, there was nothing I read implicating the shop in the criminal activity.

I stopped at their Bloomington shop a few times when working in the area.
I hope they don't get caught up in this.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Erud on Mon May 15, 2023 3:45 am

Unfortunately, I think it affected the business very badly. The shop was raided back in late march or early April and hasn’t been open for regular business since.
Erud

Postby Rip Van Winkle on Mon May 15, 2023 5:58 am

I'm sure the ATF and the Biden justice dept. are going to make it impossible for him to reopen.
I will never apologize for being an American.
Post 435 Gun Club
North Star Rifle Club
cmpofficer@post435gunclub.org
48 down, Still in the hunt for a heavy!
President's Hundred (#48 2018)
Certified NRA RSO
Rip Van Winkle

Location: Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm, Galaxy Milky Way

Postby Lumpy on Mon May 15, 2023 7:40 am

If your customers can find you, the authorities can find you. Drug dealers have known that forever, which is why the bigger players employ lots of expendable intermediaries. Also, street scum have big mouths and no loyalty.
Lumpy

Postby jdege on Mon May 15, 2023 3:55 pm

Lumpy wrote:If your customers can find you, the authorities can find you. Drug dealers have known that forever, which is why the bigger players employ lots of expendable intermediaries. Also, street scum have big mouths and no loyalty.

I'm not sure why anyone wants full-auto. Ammunition is expensive enough one round at a time.

But if you did want it, I'm at a loss why you'd pay someone for a 3d-printed part, rather than printing it yourself.
jdege

Return to In The News