WCCO---'automatic rifle' ???

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

WCCO---'automatic rifle' ???

Postby daleamn on Mon Jun 05, 2023 4:42 pm

Last night (Sunday, June 4, 2023) on WCCO news I heard the report of the Hudson WI standoff and the news reporter said the offender had an 'automatic rifle'. Words have meaning. Other outlets said the offender had a 'hunting rifle' and I think the same WCCO news story ALSO used the term 'hunting rifle' in the same story they used 'automatic rifle'.

This is the second time in a couple months my admittedly fuzzy memory has heard WCCO use the term 'automatic rifle' when there is no other indication or report that the firearm involved was anything but a semi-automatic.

Is my tin foil hat on too tight (I admit to this being possible) or is WCCO deliberately trying to stir up anti-gun sentiments?
daleamn

Re: WCCO---'automatic rifle' ???

Postby xd ED on Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:39 pm

If 'cco was reporting of an incident in Hudson, they got that wrong, as well. There was a standoff in Star Prairie. The Police shot and killed the guy with the gun; which was reported to have been a hunting rifle. There were some reports stating the gunman threatened to get his AR.
There was a 'man on the street' commentary from a local saying he was all in favor of guns... for hunting, but managed to get the term "AK47' in a negative light into the interview.
On a good day, WCCO has, at best, about a 50/ 50 chance of predicting, and only slightly better odds at correctly reporting the weather
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Jackpine Savage on Tue Jun 06, 2023 6:47 am

I'm sorry Dale but your tinfoil hat isn't on nearly tight enough :)

All of the mainstream media is antigun. All of it.

I'll go further. The mainstream media is anti-American.
Jackpine Savage

Postby usnret on Wed Jun 21, 2023 3:02 pm

Face it, all of the news stations in the twin cities are very liberal! Even Fox 9. they have some real liberal news anchors!
"The two most important rules in a gunfight are: Always cheat and
Always win."
GLOCK Certified Armorer
usnret

Postby rtk on Wed Jun 21, 2023 4:24 pm

I gave up on the local media stations a year ago. When I get up in the morning I watch Leave it to beaver and I’m content.
The sky is falling, the sky is falling....(Chicken Little)
rtk

Postby Holland&Holland on Thu Jun 22, 2023 6:43 am

xd ED wrote:If 'cco was reporting of an incident in Hudson, they got that wrong, as well. There was a standoff in Star Prairie. The Police shot and killed the guy with the gun; which was reported to have been a hunting rifle. There were some reports stating the gunman threatened to get his AR.
There was a 'man on the street' commentary from a local saying he was all in favor of guns... for hunting, but managed to get the term "AK47' in a negative light into the interview.
On a good day, WCCO has, at best, about a 50/ 50 chance of predicting, and only slightly better odds at correctly reporting the weather

Are you sure they are that accurate on the weather?
Holland&Holland

Postby Lumpy on Thu Jun 22, 2023 9:07 am

As long ago as the Ross Perot for President campaign, my wife had been a volunteer and discovered that the media flat-out lied about almost every aspect of Perot's campaign.
Lumpy

Return to In The News