Minneapolis among the worst major cities for crime

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Re: Minneapolis among the worst major cities for crime

Postby Jackpine Savage on Wed Jul 05, 2023 1:50 pm

Sorry, I didn't realize twitter was locked down.

I wonder how many 'news' outlets will show a Police cruiser getting bombarded with fireworks.
Jackpine Savage

Postby Grayskies on Wed Jul 05, 2023 2:06 pm

Jackpine Savage wrote:Sorry, I didn't realize twitter was locked down.

I wonder how many 'news' outlets will show a Police cruiser getting bombarded with fireworks.

I doubt many will.

The police have me confused these days. They let Antifa and BLM riot, arresting few if any of them while the left works to defund the police. Most people on the left get a slap on the wrist, if anything for criminal behavior, even serious crimes. For the rest of us they want to remove our rights to self-defense and lock us away for minor, even made up violations. I’m unsure if I want to support the police anymore.
NRA Life Member & Certified Range Safety Officer
Honorably Discharged U.S. Army Veteran
General Class Amateur Radio Operator and ARRL VE and SkyWarn
Amateur Radio Emergency Service® (ARES)

P2C since August 2003
Grayskies

Postby Jackpine Savage on Wed Jul 05, 2023 2:21 pm

You have to differentiate between the police, police officials, prosecutors, and politicians.

I think the police these days are laying low, doing as little as possible, because they know they will be stabbed in the back and hung out to dry for doing their job.

Police officials do what the politicians tell them to do.

Prosecutors are the ones letting everyone go, which causes the police to do even less.

The politicians are using the chaos to further their agenda. Like disarming the normal people.
Jackpine Savage

Postby daleamn on Wed Jul 05, 2023 4:17 pm

Thanks for the twitter explanations. I appreciate not having to sift through a ton of stuff, much of which I wouldn't understand, to find out I would have to become a twitter member or sign onto twitter with some valid ID to view the stuff there.
daleamn

Postby Grayskies on Wed Jul 05, 2023 8:27 pm

Jackpine Savage wrote:You have to differentiate between the police, police officials, prosecutors, and politicians.

I think the police these days are laying low, doing as little as possible, because they know they will be stabbed in the back and hung out to dry for doing their job.

Police officials do what the politicians tell them to do.

German soldiers pled innocent in the Nuremberg war crimes court, claiming that they were just following orders. They were found guilty.

If you’re working for a corrupt system and not fighting it, you are complicit in the system. By not fighting they are causing me and others to give up our support for law enforcement. They’re in effect increasing the number of people that want to hang them out to dry.

Jackpine Savage wrote:Prosecutors are the ones letting everyone go, which causes the police to do even less.

The politicians are using the chaos to further their agenda. Like disarming the normal people.

You need to include police officials here, how many have testified for gun control and against carry?

In then end, when they come for your guns, your freedom, your life and the lives of your family it won’t be the politicians and police officials breaking down your door at 5:00am in tactical gear pointing firearms at you and your family. It will be the SWAT team or street cop that does it.
NRA Life Member & Certified Range Safety Officer
Honorably Discharged U.S. Army Veteran
General Class Amateur Radio Operator and ARRL VE and SkyWarn
Amateur Radio Emergency Service® (ARES)

P2C since August 2003
Grayskies

Postby Jackpine Savage on Mon Jul 10, 2023 2:35 pm

Markemp wrote:The whole "failed cities" thing is so dumb. The vast majority of Americans live in cities, and when we look around all we see is a great place to live.

You'll have to track this guy down and educate him on what a great place Minneapolis is. He has hearing damage from being assaulted with fireworks so make sure you talk loud.

Mpls resident calls Fourth of July chaos 'the final straw'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCn1tFON7x8
Jackpine Savage

Previous

Return to In The News