Good Guy With a Gun Decimates Active Shooter in Las Vegas, L

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Good Guy With a Gun Decimates Active Shooter in Las Vegas, L

Postby jdege on Tue Jun 27, 2023 2:50 pm

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2023/06/27/watch-good-guy-with-a-gun-decimates-active-shooter-in-las-vegas-local-officials-cover-it-up-n768021
WATCH: Good Guy With a Gun Decimates Active Shooter in Las Vegas, Local Officials Allegedly Cover It Up
Another good guy with a gun stepped in to save lives on Friday, this time in Las Vegas. An active shooter entered Turnberry Towers, firing off shots toward the front desk.

That’s when he was confronted with something he likely wasn’t expecting: An armed employee.

The employee, who has not been identified, drew on the would-be mass murderer, causing him to flee by shooting out the inner glass. Before reaching the outer door to escape into the street and possibly shoot other people, though, the active shooter is taken down hard.

[...]

So why is it Tuesday and we are all just now finding out about this? The answer is that the entire incident has been buried by local officials. In fact, the Las Vegas PD still won’t confirm that an armed civilian took down the shooter.

While there are real reasons to keep the employee’s name concealed, it’s hard to imagine a justifiable reason to continue to hide the fact that an armed civilian and not a police officer took down the shooter. Even if the employee wasn’t supposed to be carrying at work per internal policy, law enforcement should be able to provide basic facts. Perhaps there will be more transparency coming, though.
jdege

Re: Good Guy With a Gun Decimates Active Shooter in Las Vegas, L

Postby daleamn on Tue Jun 27, 2023 3:19 pm

Yeah, I never heard a word about this.
Thanks for posting it.
The video is remarkable and the actual person getting shot is almost entirely off camera although you can see that he was stopped. The video of the bad guy shooting out the glass of the outer door and coming through SHOULD be enough to convince ANYONE that this was a bad guy with a gun and yes, he was stopped by a good guy with a gun (like almost all of them, sooner or later, are).
daleamn

Postby crbutler on Wed Jun 28, 2023 11:16 am

How the Sam Hill do you decimate an individual?
crbutler

Postby samginko on Wed Jun 28, 2023 12:33 pm

crbutler wrote:How the Sam Hill do you decimate an individual?

He killed 10% of the shooter.
samginko

Postby daleamn on Wed Jun 28, 2023 5:00 pm

Reminds me of a famous story from Mark Twain's Pudd'nhead Wilson.
A bunch of the local town folk are having a gab fest at the general store and there is a dog making an obnoxious racket irritating them all. The brand spanking new member of the community, lawyer Dave Wilson, opines that he wishes he owned half that dog. This comment stops all the conversation for a moment and then someone finally asks Wilson what he would do with half the dog.
"Well," says Wilson, "I'd shoot my half."
The literalist town folk take Wilson's comment as something he really meant and label him a 'pudd'nhead' and it's something like 10 to 15 YEARS before someone trusts him to act as their attorney.

Side note: A few years ago I got a Kindle from Amazon and got all Mark Twain's writings for the very affordable price of nothing.
https://www.amazon.com/MARK-TWAIN-Autob ... 119&sr=1-2

Disclaimer: while there's a LOT of stuff there the formatting leaves something to be desired.
daleamn

Postby Holland&Holland on Thu Jun 29, 2023 10:32 am

samginko wrote:
crbutler wrote:How the Sam Hill do you decimate an individual?

I see what you did there ;)
Holland&Holland

Postby daleamn on Mon Jul 03, 2023 4:02 am

Mark Twain stuff on Amazon:
I REMEMBER getting all Mark Twain's stuff for free:
1. The deal from Amazon has changed?
2. I'm having a senior moment (why I remember when I was young we got stuff...)
3. I just flat out made a mistake.

The price for the Mark Twain writings is (today, 7/3/2023) $0.99 so it's not free but I think everyone will admit it's pretty cheap.
daleamn

Return to In The News