Ammo at gun stores out in the open...

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Ammo at gun stores out in the open...

Postby daleamn on Tue Jun 27, 2023 3:28 pm

Yeah, yet another 'death by a thousand cuts' incident. There is a Delaware Cabela's that has had 'half a million rounds of ammo walk out the door' and now the Delaware officials are looking into whether or not the store should be held accountable for contributing to the thefts by not keeping all the ammo locked up or behind the counter.

[Delaware] Attorney General Kathy Jennings, through her Office of Impact Litigation, asked the Superior Court to enforce a subpoena - a court summons - against Cabela’s, Inc (“Cabela’s”) after at least 500,000 rounds of ammunition were stolen [the article says it was shop lifted] from its store in the Christiana Mall in Newark in less than a year.

The probe began over reports that significant amounts of ammunition were being stolen from Cabela’s, which at the time stored ammunition unsecured in the middle of the sales floor and "made no apparent effort to stop massive shoplifting".

“Ammo isn’t candy. [AG Jennings] It shouldn’t be left on a sales floor without a meaningful effort to deter shoplifting. Our team has already gotten results and led Cabela’s to store its ammunition more safely, but our investigation isn’t over. Businesses need to be responsible members of our community. That includes gun dealers taking reasonable steps to prevent gun violence."

I hesitate to mention this as this seems to be just made to order for our Attorney General Keith Ellison.

Here's a link to the article:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/de ... 3#comments

P.S. Does anyone know if Keith Ellison's lawsuit against Fleet Farm about straw purchases is over or not? I mean, the election is over and he won so is the grandstanding still necessary?
daleamn

Re: Ammo at gun stores out in the open...

Postby Grayskies on Tue Jun 27, 2023 3:51 pm

Haven’t they been incentivizing shoplifting lately?

I buy my ammunition online and directly from Federal these days, I get a better price and it’s dropped on my door step with free shipping. :D
NRA Life Member & Certified Range Safety Officer
Honorably Discharged U.S. Army Veteran
General Class Amateur Radio Operator and ARRL VE and SkyWarn
Amateur Radio Emergency Service® (ARES)

P2C since August 2003
Grayskies

Postby Holland&Holland on Tue Jun 27, 2023 6:53 pm

Grayskies wrote:Haven’t they been incentivizing shoplifting lately?

I buy my ammunition online and directly from Federal these days, I get a better price and it’s dropped on my door step with free shipping. :D

Really? I find federals direct prices well over retail.???
Holland&Holland

Postby ttousi on Tue Jun 27, 2023 7:24 pm

Grayskies wrote:Haven’t they been incentivizing shoplifting lately?

Natchez and Target sports online are my go to. Only buy when free shipping is offered
MN Permit Instructor
http://www.tomtgun.com
NRA Training Counselor/Instructor (Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection)
DNR FAS Instructor

"I am not going to be intimidated by some punk with a moderator button."-darkwolf45
ttousi

Postby Grayskies on Wed Jun 28, 2023 4:05 am

I did a lot of looking at the cost of Federal HST and direct from Federal was the cheapest.

P2C since August 2003
Grayskies

Postby Holland&Holland on Wed Jun 28, 2023 7:33 am

Grayskies wrote:I did a lot of looking at the cost of Federal HST and direct from Federal was the cheapest.

9mm hst is 37.99 on federals site, 32.99 at Cabelas, and 29.99 at fleet farm. I mean to each their own, but personally I have some bitterness with some dealings direct with federal in the past so sorry your post is getting the brunt of that.
Holland&Holland

Postby IvanTheTerribleShot on Wed Jun 28, 2023 8:21 am

https://www.flipammo.com/search?caliber_id=371%2C99&q=hst&page=1 has 9mm HST for $28.99 a box, with no tax and $15 flat shipping; free shipping on a case.

UPDATE: free shipping on $75 with coupon JULY4TH
Last edited by IvanTheTerribleShot on Thu Jun 29, 2023 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
IvanTheTerribleShot

Postby Grayskies on Wed Jun 28, 2023 11:27 am

Holland&Holland wrote:
Grayskies wrote:I did a lot of looking at the cost of Federal HST and direct from Federal was the cheapest.

9mm hst is 37.99 on federals site, 32.99 at Cabelas, and 29.99 at fleet farm. I mean to each their own, but personally I have some bitterness with some dealings direct with federal in the past so sorry your post is getting the brunt of that.

Ok, when I bought it a year ago Federal was cheeper than Fleet Farm and Scheels and everywhere I looked, and I got free shiping for it. $100 or $120 was all I needed to spend for free shipping. Every one had it for the same price, but Federal was cheeper. Baxter is a ~60 mile round trip and costs about $10 for the trip. :|

Note: Not sponsored by Federal, but I’m open to it and I’d be very inexpensive. :D

P2C since August 2003
Grayskies

Postby LarryFlew on Thu Jun 29, 2023 3:16 pm

Personally with the way things are I would be locking it up but if there isn't a law requiring it why bring the lawsuit? Dem is the only reason I can think of.
If you're having second thoughts you're two ahead of most Democrats
LarryFlew

Location: Hamburg, MN - CZ fan - Class of 66 - USAF 66-70 - NRA life since 1970

Postby Grayskies on Thu Jun 29, 2023 4:28 pm

Guessing, they the don't want to lock up the criminals so they go after the store and grab cash while their at it.

As we've heard, catching criminals is hard, especially at night; according to AG Garland.

Not to mention reducing the availability of ammo.

P2C since August 2003
Grayskies

Return to In The News