French Gun Control Failed, Leaving Law-Abiding Citizens H...

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

French Gun Control Failed, Leaving Law-Abiding Citizens H...

Postby Grayskies on Sat Jul 08, 2023 1:19 pm

French Gun Control Failed, Leaving Law-Abiding Citizens Helpless As Nation Burned

Tyler Durden wrote:In case you missed it, France entered into a pseudo-civil war this past weekend. Rioters took to the streets, destroyed billions of dollars in local property, violent criminals pulled out their illegal guns, and there was nothing the average disarmed Frenchman could do about it.

These recent riots proved the old adage, "When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns."

France has much stricter gun laws than anywhere in the United States. French citizens do not have the individual right to bear arms, nor carry a firearm in public for self-defense. Instead, they have strict regulations for anyone that does want to keep a firearm at home:

● limits on the type and amount of guns and ammo you can own;
    ● universal background checks; and
    ● gun registration.

Nevertheless, what began in France as mostly peaceful protests would end with fully automatic weapons and banned "weapons of war" being used to terrorize the streets of France.

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/fre ... ion-burned

Worth the time to read IMO.
NRA Life Member & Certified Range Safety Officer
Honorably Discharged U.S. Army Veteran
General Class Amateur Radio Operator and ARRL VE and SkyWarn
Amateur Radio Emergency Service® (ARES)

P2C since August 2003
Grayskies

Re: French Gun Control Failed, Leaving Law-Abiding Citizens H...

Postby Jackpine Savage on Sat Jul 08, 2023 1:45 pm

I wasn't clear whether that one picture was French rooftop Koreans or California rooftop Koreans?

I think a lot of weaponry moved from eastern Europe to western Europe. I know Sweden was having a grenade problem for awhile.

The law abiding are at a serious disadvantage. They are going to have to rely on battlefield pickups.
Jackpine Savage

Postby daleamn on Sat Jul 08, 2023 4:20 pm

French Gun Control Failed, Leaving Law-Abiding Citizens Helpless As Nation Burned

Well who could have POSSIBLY seen this coming? /sarcasm.
daleamn

Postby atomic41 on Sun Jul 09, 2023 7:28 am

Jackpine Savage wrote:I wasn't clear whether that one picture was French rooftop Koreans or California rooftop Koreans?

I think a lot of weaponry moved from eastern Europe to western Europe. I know Sweden was having a grenade problem for awhile.

The law abiding are at a serious disadvantage. They are going to have to rely on battlefield pickups.

Those are CA rooftop Koreans. The LA riots strengthened our 2A in an unexpected way. One Korean man that lived through it is now a judge on the 9th district court and he understands the importance of the 2A.

Yeah Sweden was averaging 1 grenade attack daily for a few years, and became the rape capital of the world. I don't know if it has slowed down or not.
atomic41

Postby crbutler on Sun Jul 09, 2023 9:50 am

I’d be very interested in hearing that the average Frenchman is interested in being able to defend themselves.

I’ve had the conversation with some of them about it and thought the experience of WWII would have made them a bit more interested… apparently the average guy believes that guns will lead to more terrorist acts than stop them there.
crbutler

Postby Jackpine Savage on Sun Jul 09, 2023 9:59 am

You would probably have to get into the blue collar or rural areas before you found anyone with common sense.
Jackpine Savage

Postby rtk on Sun Jul 09, 2023 12:42 pm

crbutler wrote:I’d be very interested in hearing that the average Frenchman is interested in being able to defend themselves.

I’ve had the conversation with some of them about it and thought the experience of WWII would have made them a bit more interested… apparently the average guy believes that guns will lead to more terrorist acts than stop them there.

My Father was there on 6/6/44 and said they were a weak country. Just saying.
The sky is falling, the sky is falling....(Chicken Little)
rtk

Return to In The News