Gun Control now named Gun Reform?

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Gun Control now named Gun Reform?

Postby daleamn on Tue Jul 11, 2023 10:43 am

I saw this in ONE article and am wondering if it is a new thing/tactic that the 'Gun Control' people are now billing themselves as 'Gun Reform' folk.
As if that changes anything. (A rose by any other name...)

Here's the article's name and a link to it:
Gun safety PSA urges gun owners to join the conversation on preventable firearm deaths

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/gu ... 1#comments

Here's a couple snippets:
Gun reform advocates are appealing [actually to most of us they are NOT--ha ha] to all those affected by gun violence, including gun owners themselves, in a new PSA released by gun violence prevention nonprofit Brady United and the Ad Council.

I guess seeing 'Brady' really tells you all you need to know.

"A moment of crisis can happen to anyone," the PSA says. "Store your gun securely: locked, unloaded, and away from ammo."

The above is supposed to be an aid to preventing suicides but the logic here escapes me...one of the comments to the article said by this reasoning I should store my automobile with an empty gas tank and four flat tires to prevent auto theft.
daleamn

Re: Gun Control now named Gun Reform?

Postby Jackpine Savage on Tue Jul 11, 2023 10:51 am

Did they give up on 'gun safety'?
Jackpine Savage

Return to In The News