NY Times article on auto-seers/switches

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Re: NY Times article on auto-seers/switches

Postby Lumpy on Sun Aug 13, 2023 12:56 pm

Was it ever ruled that states couldn't promote an official state religion? Would love to see the outcry if Utah levied a tax that went straight to the LDS coffers.
Lumpy

Postby atomic41 on Sun Aug 13, 2023 8:26 pm

crbutler wrote:75,000 episodes in 127 cities...

The auto sear is already illegal.

Just how many of the folks who already have full auto weapons illegally were arrested? I saw a bunch on the "expose" on channel 5 the other night... again, how many convictions EVEN WITH THE POLICE CATCHING THEM IN THE POSSESSION OF SOMEONE?

As someone who has fired a full auto handgun once... Have you? They are essentially useless at hitting something- they are essentially uncontrollable in full auto fire. Note that the cops demonstrating them are shooting at a target like 5 feet away and the gun climbs over it before the mag is empty.

Now that means that there are a bunch of bullets flying out that can hit an unintended accidental target over a mile away, but its hardly qualifying as "carnage".

The Glock 18 was developed as a suppressive item for dignitary protection, and really needs a shoulder stock to make it effective.

So I really don't understand the hoopla about it other than its a backdoor way to ban regular glock semi autos.

That's exactly what it is, an angle of attacking Glock to push for bans. Remember the left plays the long game, they build a narrative that takes time but eventually wins. They have used the name "Glock" at every opportunity to make it a poster child for evil black gun type psyops. Consider that this article is coming to you from our resident communist that is here to disrupt and steer everything to civilian disarmament.

If you really want to get to the bottom of the massive influx of Glock switches, go to the agency responsible for them being on our streets...the same people that brought the drug epidemic to the US, fast and furious, MK Ultra, Sept. 11, JFK assasanation, most of our mass shooters, etc. These Glock switches are here by design.
atomic41

Postby jdege on Sun Aug 13, 2023 9:32 pm

jdege

Postby daleamn on Mon Aug 14, 2023 7:30 am

Journalist's Guide to Firearms Identification

I've seen that poster many times and yet it still makes me laugh. Whoever came up with it is, IMhO, a genius.

I am ALWAYS perplexed that 'journalists', who are supposed to be after the TRUTH, who are supposed to go out and find the NEWS and then present it to us in ways we can understand, are so WILLING to remain ignorant and uninformed about all things firearm related.

It seems like they wear their disdain of firearms knowledge as a badge of honor. I'm hard pressed to think of another topic where they do this...maybe climate change?
daleamn

Postby Jackpine Savage on Mon Aug 14, 2023 7:42 am

It's because most of it isn't journalism anymore, it's propaganda.
Jackpine Savage

Postby xd ED on Mon Aug 14, 2023 9:11 am

daleamn wrote:
Journalist's Guide to Firearms Identification

I've seen that poster many times and yet it still makes me laugh. Whoever came up with it is, IMhO, a genius.

I am ALWAYS perplexed that 'journalists', who are supposed to be after the TRUTH, who are supposed to go out and find the NEWS and then present it to us in ways we can understand, are so WILLING to remain ignorant and uninformed about all things firearm related.

It seems like they wear their disdain of firearms knowledge as a badge of honor. I'm hard pressed to think of another topic where they do this...maybe climate change?

I’d add:
Crime reporting
The economy
Economics in general
Education
Health threats
Etc, etc, etc

The modern ‘successful’ journalist is typically someone who grabs and runs with a readily accessible corporate, or gov’t press release, if for no other reason than to maintain ready access to corporate, or gov’t press releases; thus eliminating the need to expend energy investigating, or applying critical thought to the process of informing the public.
That most of what is reported falls nicely in line with their personal beliefs doesn’t hinder the process.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Lumpy on Mon Aug 14, 2023 3:56 pm

Jackpine Savage wrote:It's because most of it isn't journalism anymore, it's propaganda.

This. My older brother was a print and television journalist back in the 60's and 70's, and he's aghast at what "journalism" has decayed to today.
Lumpy

Postby Jackpine Savage on Tue Aug 15, 2023 5:58 am

Lumpy wrote:
Jackpine Savage wrote:It's because most of it isn't journalism anymore, it's propaganda.

This. My older brother was a print and television journalist back in the 60's and 70's, and he's aghast at what "journalism" has decayed to today.

It's interesting to see the number of people drop out of the mainstream media and become independent journalists. Sharyl Attkisson, Tim Pool, Alison Morrow, Liz Collin are just a few that I follow. They are viciously attacked by the leftists. I think TIm Pool has been swatted at least eight times.
Jackpine Savage

Postby jdege on Tue Aug 15, 2023 8:18 am

Lumpy wrote:

jdege

Postby usnret on Mon Aug 28, 2023 3:30 pm

crbutler wrote:75,000 episodes in 127 cities...

The auto sear is already illegal.

Just how many of the folks who already have full auto weapons illegally were arrested? I saw a bunch on the "expose" on channel 5 the other night... again, how many convictions EVEN WITH THE POLICE CATCHING THEM IN THE POSSESSION OF SOMEONE?

As someone who has fired a full auto handgun once... Have you? They are essentially useless at hitting something- they are essentially uncontrollable in full auto fire. Note that the cops demonstrating them are shooting at a target like 5 feet away and the gun climbs over it before the mag is empty.

Now that means that there are a bunch of bullets flying out that can hit an unintended accidental target over a mile away, but its hardly qualifying as "carnage".

The Glock 18 was developed as a suppressive item for dignitary protection, and really needs a shoulder stock to make it effective.

So I really don't understand the hoopla about it other than its a backdoor way to ban regular glock semi autos.

I have fired a Glock 18 multiple times. It's not as hard to control as you would think. If you are aware of how the gun will behave, you can be rather accurate with it.
"The two most important rules in a gunfight are: Always cheat and
Always win."
GLOCK Certified Armorer
usnret

Postby Jackpine Savage on Mon Aug 28, 2023 4:59 pm

Mark Smith thinks this is the angle they will use to come after all semi-autos. I don't doubt it. England, Australia, New Zealand, Canada have led the way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ka3TjFM0kkc

Jackpine Savage

Postby atomic41 on Tue Aug 29, 2023 5:22 pm

Jackpine Savage wrote:Mark Smith thinks this is the angle they will use to come after all semi-autos. I don't doubt it. England, Australia, New Zealand, Canada have led the way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ka3TjFM0kkc

He is right, this is exactly what they are doing. The left plays the long game and they have an army of loyal footsoldiers that are relentless, deceptive, and focused on pushing "whatever the latest narrative" is. The OP here is one of them, Markemp.
atomic41

Postby Lumpy on Tue Aug 29, 2023 8:00 pm

Jackpine Savage wrote:Mark Smith thinks this is the angle they will use to come after all semi-autos. I don't doubt it. England, Australia, New Zealand, Canada have led the way.
The antis already want to ban all semi-auto rifles because they can be bump fired.
Lumpy

Postby Holland&Holland on Tue Aug 29, 2023 8:12 pm

Pretty sure they want to ban all guns or at least ownership by anyone who doesn’t vote democrat.
Holland&Holland

Postby Jackpine Savage on Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:07 am

atomic41 wrote:
He is right, this is exactly what they are doing. The left plays the long game and they have an army of loyal footsoldiers that are relentless, deceptive, and focused on pushing "whatever the latest narrative" is. The OP here is one of them, Markemp.

Yep, and the mainstream media, as in the OP, is part of the regime.
Jackpine Savage

PreviousNext

Return to In The News