Minnesota Adopts the Illinois Model of Assault Weapon Bans

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Re: Minnesota Adopts the Illinois Model of Assault Weapon Bans

Postby Jackpine Savage on Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:37 am

You better do your due diligence on all those Democrats down there that said Trump was an illegitimate President.

Here's the old hag that started it, even though she was the one that fabricated the Russian collusion hoax.

Jackpine Savage

Postby bstrawse on Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:49 am

Lumpy wrote:Aren't there cases working their way up to the Supreme Court of the US which have the potential to strike down all so-called "Assault Weapon" bans? Why would anyone even bother to try to pass a law that may well get struck down in the next year? (Other than virtue-signaling).

F*** it, I've decided that if necessary I'll be a scofflaw. At my age and health, the worst that could happen- a twenty year prison sentence- would be a retirement plan. And no I will not plea down; let's see them give 50,000 gun owners each a full trial by jury.

There are 5 potential cases headed to SCOTUS right now, a couple of which have already been filed. Others are coming.
b
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Postby Erud on Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:50 am

Markemp wrote:
Erud wrote:If you are opposed to this bill, do you plan on sending any money to the MN Gun Owners Caucus to help defeat it?

I want to see the list of candidates they endorse, especially in the democratic primary. And if they endorse any election deniers in the general election, that's a hard no.

The list of their endorsed candidates in the 2022 general election doesn't leave me a lot of hope though. I do hope they have a question on the questionnaire they send out on whether the candidate denies the 2020 presidential election results.

Why would a single-issue 2A rights organization like MNGOC ask for candidates opinions on the 2020 election? Maybe Mr. Strawser will chime in and correct me, but I don’t see how that is relevant to their cause at all.
Erud

Postby bstrawse on Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:51 am

Markemp wrote:
Erud wrote:If you are opposed to this bill, do you plan on sending any money to the MN Gun Owners Caucus to help defeat it?

I want to see the list of candidates they endorse, especially in the democratic primary. And if they endorse any election deniers in the general election, that's a hard no.

The list of their endorsed candidates in the 2022 general election doesn't leave me a lot of hope though. I do hope they have a question on the questionnaire they send out on whether the candidate denies the 2020 presidential election results.

We're a single issue organization, so this isn't part of what we ask about - for the same reason we don't ask about abortion, or healthcare, or the new MN state flag, for example.

Speaking PERSONALLY, I don't vote for election deniers - but that's me personally. The caucus remains a single issue organization, we'll evaluate candidates on that stance alone.
b
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Postby bstrawse on Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:51 am

Erud wrote:
Markemp wrote:

Why would a single-issue 2A rights organization like MNGOC ask for candidates opinions on the 2020 election? Maybe Mr. Strawser will chime in and correct me, but I don’t see how that is relevant to their cause at all.

It's not relevant and we won't evaluate candidates on that stance.
b
bstrawse

Postby Holland&Holland on Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:47 pm

I didn’t think AI BOTS gave donations.
Holland&Holland

Previous

Return to In The News