TPT Almanac-MN Prisons

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

TPT Almanac-MN Prisons

Postby daleamn on Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:57 am

TPT Almanac had an interesting interview about the Minnesota Prison System 4/12/2024. Here's a link to the show and the interview is about at the 31 minute mark.
https://video.tpt.org/video/rideshare-u ... ans-40698/

They're talking to two people;
David Boehnke, Incarcerated Workers Organizing Committee:
https://www.facebook.com/tciwoc/

And Maurice L. Ward founder of Justice Impacted Individuals Voting Effectively (JIIVE).
https://www.jiive.org/

(Ward appears on the show in his 'Thug-4-Life' 'Raising Cane's Chicken Fingers' restaurant baseball cap and dark glasses and recounts how bad things were for him in prison.)

The two of them are in favor of closing prisons and spending the money on social programs.
"If you want public safety you should be in favor of closing these prisons."

They say we are spending $70,000 per year per convict.
=================================================================
So that gave me an idea. (I KNOW!!!) The following is entirely my idea and in no way reflects the views of the Almanac personnel their guests or pretty much any intelligent person.

At age 18 why don't we have all our youths register as to what their life plan is?

You know, they could say they want to be a teacher, carpenter, plumber, go to college, join the military or register as a criminal.

If they register as a criminal we (Minnesota) will pay them $35,000 a year.

This is HALF of what it would cost us to lock them up in prison. It would also reduce the strain on our court system and on our law enforcement officers!!!
Can you say WIN-WIN-WIN-WIN-WIN?

Question from intelligent person: "And what would happen if the registered criminal broke the law anyway?"

Daleamn: "Well then they'd get sent to...oh yeah...guess the plan might need some more work."
daleamn

Re: TPT Almanac-MN Prisons

Postby Rip Van Winkle on Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:03 am

I have a better idea. Let's build a wall around Mpls & St. Paul and let all the released violent felons live among the leftists who think closing the prisons would be a good idea.
I will never apologize for being an American.
Post 435 Gun Club
North Star Rifle Club
cmpofficer@post435gunclub.org
48 down, Still in the hunt for a heavy!
President's Hundred (#48 2018)
Certified NRA RSO
Rip Van Winkle

Location: Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm, Galaxy Milky Way

Re: TPT Almanac-MN Prisons

Postby Lumpy on Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:24 pm

Let's expand the list of legal justifications for using deadly force to include robbery, burglary and assault.
Lumpy

Return to In The News