Homemade gun maker convicted in NY

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Homemade gun maker convicted in NY

Postby Lumpy on Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:06 pm

If this report is even halfway accurate, a national gun rights organization needs to take up this man's case. At a minimum there should be ample grounds for appeal to a higher court based on judicial misconduct. This is outrageous.

https://redstate.com/jeffc/2024/04/22/b ... e-n2173162
Lumpy

Re: Homemade gun maker convicted in NY

Postby Jackpine Savage on Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:09 am

The same thing is happening here with the no serial number nonsense on homemade guns. I know of at least two cases.
Jackpine Savage

Postby usnret on Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:18 am

What's either funny or just stupidity about the law in this state is that before the 1968 Gun Control Act, guns weren't required serial numbers. So are they going to start making people that have grandpa's old guns a felon?
"The two most important rules in a gunfight are: Always cheat and
Always win."
GLOCK Certified Armorer
usnret

Postby xd ED on Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:21 pm

usnret wrote:What's either funny or just stupidity about the law in this state is that before the 1968 Gun Control Act, guns weren't required serial numbers. So are they going to start making people that have grandpa's old guns a felon?

That's the question I frequently pose to those who live in fear of 'untraceable ghost guns', and champion that law......no one seems to have an answer.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Jackpine Savage on Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:22 pm

Show me the man and I'll show you the crime. It's just another way for them to maliciously prosecute people that they don't like.
Jackpine Savage

Postby Holland&Holland on Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:13 am

xd ED wrote:
usnret wrote:What's either funny or just stupidity about the law in this state is that before the 1968 Gun Control Act, guns weren't required serial numbers. So are they going to start making people that have grandpa's old guns a felon?

That's the question I frequently pose to those who live in fear of 'untraceable ghost guns', and champion that law......no one seems to have an answer.

The answer to that is easy and obvious. If you vote conservative then yes. If you are a car jacker in Minneapolis, no.
Holland&Holland

Postby atomic41 on Fri May 03, 2024 4:12 pm

The judge declared that the 2A does not exist in that courtroom. I'm no attorney but to me that should be grounds for dismissal or mistrial.
atomic41

Postby jdege on Wed May 08, 2024 6:53 pm

Jackpine Savage wrote:The same thing is happening here with the no serial number nonsense on homemade guns. I know of at least two cases.

Supreme Court will take up the legal fight over ghost guns, firearms without serial numbers
jdege

Return to In The News