Self-defense: weapon used by businessman to combat robbery i

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Self-defense: weapon used by businessman to combat robbery i

Postby jdege on Fri Jun 14, 2024 8:39 pm

https://cgn.inf.br/noticia/1558127/legitima-defesa-arma-utilizada-por-empresario-para-combater-assalto-e-registrada-ladrao-tinha-38-raspado-14-06-2024
Self-defense: weapon used by businessman to combat robbery is registered; thief had 38 shaved
The businessman's impressive reaction drew attention and the use of weapons meant that the crime was not carried out...
The Ponta Grossa Civil Police confirmed, this Friday morning (14), that the weapon used by a businessman to defend himself against a robbery, which occurred last Thursday afternoon (13), is duly registered. The incident occurred in a store specializing in the resale and maintenance of cell phones, owned by the businessman.

According to the Civil Police, a 23-year-old man, with previous convictions for drug trafficking, entered the establishment wearing a helmet and announced the robbery. He approached the owner's companion, who also worked there, carrying a .38 caliber revolver with a scratched number.

The owner, a 29-year-old man, responded to the robbery by drawing his 9mm caliber pistol, duly registered, and shot the robber five times, who fell to the ground. The businessman's brother, who was also present, immediately called the Military Police and rescue services.

This occurred in Ponta Grossa, Brazil, and the page in in Portuguese. I posted Chrome's built-in translate.

The included video is hosted on Dailymotion, so I can't embed it.

https://dai.ly/x90bhwk
jdege

Return to In The News