Hello From Edina

Say "howdy" and let everyone know who you are
Forum rules
MNGUNTALK is a real-life community, and as such, we'd love to hear who you are and learn what knowledge you have to offer. Post whatever details about yourself you feel comfortable with, and make sure to check out any events that are happening if you want to meet people in person.

Hello From Edina

Postby BigDog58 on Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:07 am

Hi All, I'm new to reloading and an extreme "Newbie". I just purchased my equipment last month. My wonderful wife gave me everything I needed as a Christmas present. I used to be very outgoing and active until I became disabled in 2003. I've not done much since because of my limited mobility. So, around August of 2012 I began researching Reloading, as a possible hobby. I am an aircraft mechanic by trade and as time passed, I needed something to keep both my hands and my mind active. My wife and I Love to shoot, so, I decided Reloading/Handloading would fulfill my desire to get active. My wife has totally encouraged me and her Uncle and Cousin also love to shoot.

I've now been loading for nearly a month and I must say, this is EXACTLY what I needed. This will allow us to shoot much more (We belong to Rainbow Sportsmen's Club) at our favorite gun club, while saving money, and keeping me busy. I'm also reloading a large amount of 30 Carbine for my best friend back in Griffin, GA ( I moved to MSP in 2002 when NWA closed it's maintenance base in Atlanta, GA) and loading for the other shooting members of our family. I'm loading 30 Carbine, 30/06, 300 Win Mag, .38 Spcl., .45 ACP, and 9 mm. In the near future I will begin loading Nagant 7.62x28 for the uncle, but a little more studying before I tackle that.

So far, I've met some great people in this hobby. I just met OldmanFCSA from this forum, and he made me feel welcome and at home in his shop. He shared his vast knowledge freely and helped me in some areas I was lacking knowledge and experience. If everyone is as helpful and friendly like him, I believe I have found what I've been needing for the last nine years. My disabilty doesn't hamper me from doing much in the reloading arena.

Thanks All, I hope to meet you some day soon,

Jim :D
NRA RSO
"Never anger a man that can end you, from another zip code

If necessary to fight, I will Fight like I'm the 3rd Monkey on the ramp to Noah's Arc, and brother, it's starting to rain.
BigDog58

Re: Hello From Edina

Postby 3Spaniels on Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:30 am

Welcome to the tundra. Pull up a stump. Want a cup of tea? coffee? Maybe some Haggis or Lutefisk? Keep your eyes peeled for snowsnakes. Glad to see you join in the fun! :D
This ain't Dodge City and you ain't Bill Hickok-Matthew Quiggley
3Spaniels

Postby operator4 on Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:50 am

Welcome!! I also live in Edina!!!
operator4

Postby mmcnx2 on Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:08 am

Welcome to the board and the world of reloading, glad to see you join the club.
mmcnx2

Postby ranger on Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:35 pm

Welcome from Champlin Jim.
NRA Life Member
US Army Retired
ranger

Postby BigDog58 on Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:45 pm

Thank you all for the warm welcoming. I look forward to reading this board almost daily.
Operator4, I'm just off 70th & France. Maybe we could get together and talk reloading some time? I'm new to reloading and hope to absorb as much info and experience from everyone ss is possible for an old brain yo absorb...lol

Happy Loading,

Jim
NRA RSO

If necessary to fight, I will Fight like I'm the 3rd Monkey on the ramp to Noah's Arc, and brother, it's starting to rain.
BigDog58

Postby Shako Sparky on Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:20 pm

Welcome from Shakopee
NRA Life Member
Shako Sparky

Postby operator4 on Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:24 pm

Yup shoot me a pm on here, and I'll see if I'm around!!
operator4

Postby BigDog58 on Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:35 am

Hi, I'm Jim and we live just off 70th & France. My wife (Natalie) and I love to shoot and I just got into reloading. So far I Love it, but hunting components is a real hassle. I'll be glad when this madness ends and all the "Chicken-Little's" calm down. I didn't reload in 2008/2009 but I did see the bare ammunition shelves back then. I hope that this ends soon and things get back to normal.
I'm heading to the River Center this weekend for the gun show and I hope to find some small oistol primers and 9 mm bullets. My 9 mm is a Glock 17 with a stock barrel and everything I can find, says don't shoot Lead thru it because of it's rifling fouls badly with straight lead. I've placed an order through Berry's for Plated but they are saying 4-6 weeks before they ship. The only upside is it's too cold for me (a transplanted GA/Fla. boy) to go to our gun club in Cokato to shoot. It's an outdoor range. At least I'm saving ammo for the time being.

Give me a call sometime when you're free and maybe we can get together and talk guns and reloading or whatever.

I look forward to talking to you,

Jim Roberts
952-928-9352 Home (Best Contact)
763-300-8431 Cell/Text
NRA RSO

BigDog58

Return to Introductions