Hello From Blaine

Say "howdy" and let everyone know who you are
Forum rules
MNGUNTALK is a real-life community, and as such, we'd love to hear who you are and learn what knowledge you have to offer. Post whatever details about yourself you feel comfortable with, and make sure to check out any events that are happening if you want to meet people in person.

Hello From Blaine

Postby Firefighter194 on Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:27 pm

Hi all. New to the forums. I just recently moved back to MN from VA. I shot a few pistol steal matches while down in VA and I am interested in finding this sort of event as well as getting into 3 Gun matches. I've browsed the forums to try and look for these types of matches and I am a little confused with all the acronyms for the different events and locations. Could someone maybe dumb this down for me? Where and how often are these matches? What are the equipment rules/suggestions? I currently own a M&P .40 with a Burris Fastfire red dot, is electronic optics legal in any of these events or should I go back to normal factory sights? Should I maybe purchase a 9mm instead of the .40 for matches? How much time is lost using a 12 gauge pump shotgun opposed to a semi auto for 3 Gun? Sorry for all the questions and future questions, I was a member of a range that hosted steal matches once a month and I'm not use to traveling to different ranges with different rules for each match.

Any help would be much appreciated!
Firefighter194

Re: Hello From Blaine

Postby OldmanFCSA on Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:26 pm

Welcome to MN.
My daughter just moved to Blacksburg, VA for her Masters/PHD program in BioMedical Engineering.

I don't do 3-gun, cant move fast enough or shoot good enough.
I just shoot big bullets at long distances for small groups.

And I teach reloading.
OldmanFCSA

Re: Hello From Blaine

Postby BigDog58 on Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:04 am

Welcome to the forum from Edina
NRA RSO
"Never anger a man that can end you, from another zip code

If necessary to fight, I will Fight like I'm the 3rd Monkey on the ramp to Noah's Arc, and brother, it's starting to rain.
BigDog58

Return to Introductions