old lurker new member

Say "howdy" and let everyone know who you are
Forum rules
MNGUNTALK is a real-life community, and as such, we'd love to hear who you are and learn what knowledge you have to offer. Post whatever details about yourself you feel comfortable with, and make sure to check out any events that are happening if you want to meet people in person.

old lurker new member

Postby shovelheadmike on Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:23 am

Little history 'bout me....been lurking for over a year,
Been shooting and reloading for over 25 years,mostly bullseye shooting..... I don't know how many rounds of 45 ACP I've reloaded,but if I had to guess I'd say......alot! But I would like to have the Oldman give me a lesson sometime,I'm always willing to learn something new.
I've been thinking of maybe trying something other then trying to make "one hole 10 rds " punching paper[still work'n on that!] to maybe IPSC....I'm open to try anything,and if I do,looks like I'll HAVE to buy some new guns....so win,win!
I'm a "retired guy" so I like to keep busy,I like play with old harley's,cars,woodworking...
I don't say a whole lot,but I might jump in now and again,
Mike
shovelheadmike

Re: old lurker new member

Postby yukonjasper on Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:08 am

Welcome aboard Mike.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby tletourneau on Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:33 pm

Welcome to the show that never ends.

Sent from a mobile device.
Tom

----------------------------------
Springfield XD-40 Service
Taurus PT-111 Pro (3rd Gen)
Desert Eagle .50AE Mark VII
tletourneau

Postby OldmanFCSA on Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:07 pm

Welcome Mike.

I load 45AUTO but don't shoot it myself, my son gets it all.

But you are always welcome to come out to learn, talk, or teach me.

Just send me a scanned copy of your drivers license to : OldmanFCSA@aol.com
It is used for identification purposes only on the day you arrive - I need to know who is entering my facility.
Upon receipt, I will forward my contact info to you.

I am gearing up for a 1000 yard FCDSA Regional Match Labor Day weekend and should be free after that. I will be doing one-on-one training with several Sheriff SWAT Officers here in Polk County sometime in September, but no schedule has been set at this time. It's usually first-come, first-served.

(While discussing a topic on our FCSA Member Forum, I realized I've fired more 50BMG rounds this year than 22LR rounds. Scary isn't it.)
OldmanFCSA

Postby shovelheadmike on Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:27 am

I'll take you up on that and I know someone else from this site that is interested also.....he just got into reloading,but we're in no hurry,and as for .....
"(While discussing a topic on our FCSA Member Forum, I realized I've fired more 50BMG rounds this year than 22LR rounds. Scary isn't it.)

No,whats scary is thats it was probably cheaper to shoot then 22lr!!!!......man those prices were nuts for a while...

thanks again,
mike
shovelheadmike

Postby Pat on Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:34 am

Good to have you!
"Happiness is...finding two olives in your martini when you're hungry." -Johnny Carson
Cardinal Kung Foundation , The Rule of Saint Benedict
Pat

Return to Introductions