Hi, new gun owner - Browning Superposed

Say "howdy" and let everyone know who you are
Forum rules
MNGUNTALK is a real-life community, and as such, we'd love to hear who you are and learn what knowledge you have to offer. Post whatever details about yourself you feel comfortable with, and make sure to check out any events that are happening if you want to meet people in person.

Hi, new gun owner - Browning Superposed

Postby Terry3026 on Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:28 pm

Inherited a Browning Superposed over/under with 2 barrels .. 12 ga / 20 ga in a custom case from my uncle. Never owned anything other than than my Dad's '34 Winchester .22 .. Not sure what I'll do with the Browning, haven't been able to really find out much information about the gun. I haven't been able to find too much like it on the internet.

I did stop by a local Sportsman Club, but wasn't able to get much information there other than a few 'ohhs' and 'ahhhs'... I think that was good tho.

If we have any Browning experts out there, I would sure like to hear from them and see if I can narrow down what it is I have.

Thanks .. Terry
Terry3026

Re: Hi, new gun owner - Browning Superposed

Postby Squib Joe on Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:55 pm

Welcome!

What is the serial number? (you can X out the lat few digits) You may want to know if you have a "salt wood" gun or not (roughly 1965-1972). If so, it may be worth restoration and add to the life and value of the firearm
"The weight is a sign of reliability. I always go for reliability." - Boris "The Blade" Yurinov
Squib Joe

Re: Hi, new gun owner - Browning Superposed

Postby Terry3026 on Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:42 pm

Here is what I know.

SN 19238 .. this is on the stock and both barrels. Made in Belgium ... underside of stock says "Lightning".

20 gauge says "Special Steel 20GA Shells 3" ... has marking of **_ which I take as Improved Cylinder on the under and ** as Modified on the over.

12 gauge says "Special Steel 12GA Shells 2 3/4" has marking of **_which I take as Improved Cylinder on the under and ** as Modified on the over.

Has the "Fitted Luggage Gun Case" that fits both barrels and the stock.

Switchable as to which fires first .. over or under.

Thats about all I've can see. Have the original book and registration papers also.

Thanks .. Terry
Terry3026

Return to Introductions