Howdy

Say "howdy" and let everyone know who you are
Forum rules
MNGUNTALK is a real-life community, and as such, we'd love to hear who you are and learn what knowledge you have to offer. Post whatever details about yourself you feel comfortable with, and make sure to check out any events that are happening if you want to meet people in person.

Re: Howdy

Postby diskdoctr on Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:01 pm

Welcome.. Good fishin, fair huntin, but really good people here.
diskdoctr

Postby V Man on Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:45 pm

Welcome from Savage, MN. I spent some time at Benning myself, from the looks of your avitar you may have spent some time at the 1/507th. Follow Me!
Everything you need to know to be successful in the military: Always have an Assault element,Support element and a Security element. Leadership Decisions: Will it accomplish the Mission? Is it morally and ethically correct? How will it affect your men?
V Man

Postby JJ on Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:03 am

GA_N_MN, Welcome to the frozen tundra. The best way I've found to make the winter bearable is hide out in the reloading room pumping out enough ammo for WW3 (or the upcoming season anyways). There are lots of gun shows to keep ya busy around the state, and even as an anti winter minnesotan, you gotta at least try ice fishing. My reccomendation would be to rent a sleeper house on Mille lacs, leech, winnibigosh or Lake of the woods for a day or two. Find someone who does ice fishes a little(or lot) to take ya out and you may actually find yourself liking it. As for food, good luck. I'm half Oklahoman, and the food won't get much more bland than around here. Remember, Minnesota, the only state that thinks ketchup is spicy! Best fried chicken I've found is The Brass Rail in Grandy. Its north of the cities a ways, but they make some pretty dam good fried chicken. My wife and I drive about 40 minutes each way just to enjoy it now and again.
"a man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box." Frederick Douglass
JJ

Postby lenny7 on Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:14 am

Welcome! Do you ever spend any time on the Georgia Outdoor News forum? I have a brother in Jackson GA and he's on there quite a bit.
lenny7

Postby R.E.T. on Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:37 pm

GA_N_MN wrote:Really, how do y'all make the weather tolerable?

One secret is to dress in layers.

Welcome.
Detached reflection cannot be demanded in the face of an uplifted knife. Oliver Wendell Holmes
Make yourself sheep, and the wolves will eat you. Benjamin Franklin
Don't blame me, I voted for an American.
R.E.T.

Postby GA_N_MN on Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:35 pm

lenny7 wrote:Welcome! Do you ever spend any time on the Georgia Outdoor News forum? I have a brother in Jackson GA and he's on there quite a bit.
Last edited by GA_N_MN on Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GA_N_MN

Postby GA_N_MN on Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:37 pm

JJH wrote:GA_N_MN, Welcome to the frozen tundra. The best way I've found to make the winter bearable is hide out in the reloading room pumping out enough ammo for WW3 (or the upcoming season anyways). There are lots of gun shows to keep ya busy around the state, and even as an anti winter minnesotan, you gotta at least try ice fishing. My reccomendation would be to rent a sleeper house on Mille lacs, leech, winnibigosh or Lake of the woods for a day or two. Find someone who does ice fishes a little(or lot) to take ya out and you may actually find yourself liking it. As for food, good luck. I'm half Oklahoman, and the food won't get much more bland than around here. Remember, Minnesota, the only state that thinks ketchup is spicy! Best fried chicken I've found is The Brass Rail in Grandy. Its north of the cities a ways, but they make some pretty dam good fried chicken. My wife and I drive about 40 minutes each way just to enjoy it now and again.
Last edited by GA_N_MN on Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GA_N_MN

Postby GA_N_MN on Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:39 pm

V Man wrote:Welcome from Savage, MN. I spent some time at Benning myself, from the looks of your avitar you may have spent some time at the 1/507th. Follow Me!
Last edited by GA_N_MN on Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GA_N_MN

Postby JJ on Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:55 am

OU
"a man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box." Frederick Douglass
JJ

Postby GA_N_MN on Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:53 pm

JJH wrote:OU
Last edited by GA_N_MN on Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GA_N_MN

Postby 1911fan on Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:22 pm

What you really need to learn is winter is just the path to the HS hockey tourney. The best school boy tourney in the nation. period.

you also need to visit the Barn and Mariucci arena's.
1911fan

Postby diamondsj on Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:53 pm

Welcome to Mineeesssuuuta....lol. Keep a positive attitude about the weather and you'll handle it just fine. A great pasttime in this state is shoveling and snowblowing. So when you tire of riding snowmobiles, cross country skiiing, ice fishing, hockey -- just pick up the shovel and start shoveling...great cardio/weight workout too! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't happen to live in MN, but I can see it from here!! lol. And we have many of the same pasttimes that MN has. Oh, and don't eat lutefisk...I'm not sure where it comes from, but I really don't think it's a fish at all...someone's terrible joke on unsuspecting newbies.

As for the food, I think there's quite a bit of good food to find -- maybe not what you have grown used to, but unique and good in its own right. If you venture out this way (west), we've got some great steaks going on -- but then again, they are home grown and home fed.... Doesn't get much fresher than this.

Enjoy Minnesota and the Twin City area. The people on this board (the ones I've met) are really good people and most Minnesotans are just like them. Take care and welcome to a different part of the country.
There is no guarantee of the first without the second.
diamondsj

Postby Pat on Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:04 pm

diamondsj wrote:I don't happen to live in MN, but I can see it from here!! lol. And we have many of the same pasttimes that MN has. Oh, and don't eat lutefisk...I'm not sure where it comes from, but I really don't think it's a fish at all...someone's terrible joke on unsuspecting newbies.

Lutefisk is a Lutheran specialty food. As long as you don't actually eat it, and keep the good silverware locked up when they are about, you should be just fine.
"Happiness is...finding two olives in your martini when you're hungry." -Johnny Carson
Cardinal Kung Foundation , The Rule of Saint Benedict
Pat

Postby monschman on Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:51 pm

why all the hatin'? I am not from here, I'm even more of a wetback than GA_N_MN and I like lutefisk, heck I liked balut too, as for the cold winter months, and they can be, just build up that good old layer of blubber and youll be fine. Be sure to come out and join us at one of our many events, oh and watch out for Strad :D
monschman

Postby GA_N_MN on Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:57 pm

monschman wrote:why all the hatin'? I am not from here, I'm even more of a wetback than GA_N_MN and I like lutefisk, heck I liked balut too, as for the cold winter months, and they can be, just build up that good old layer of blubber and youll be fine. Be sure to come out and join us at one of our many events, oh and watch out for Strad :D
Last edited by GA_N_MN on Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GA_N_MN

PreviousNext

Return to Introductions