Howdy

Say "howdy" and let everyone know who you are
Forum rules
MNGUNTALK is a real-life community, and as such, we'd love to hear who you are and learn what knowledge you have to offer. Post whatever details about yourself you feel comfortable with, and make sure to check out any events that are happening if you want to meet people in person.

Re: Howdy

Postby mattyb on Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:38 am

Welcome to the frozen north!! Just returning here myself from military service. The two years I spent in SoCal really made me soft, but don't worry, the tolerance builds up quick! I also just joined the forum and I can attest to all the advice that there are a bunch of really great people on here! Best advice for getting to know the area is to do what you have done every time you had to PCS: get to know the people that share your same interests (as you have already done by finding this forum) and think of them as your PCS sponsors. There is no shortage of outdoor activities to do here, even when the temps drop SLIGHTLY below zero ;)
mattyb

Postby toomanygunns on Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:10 am

im new to this site im glad to visit fellow firearm people im starting to collect mausers cause i like the idea of older guns still firing accurately i have a few rem 700s and win 70 marlin 336s 9mm carbines and knight308 rosi 223 hvyb but cananyone trade or sale 8mm ammo thanks again hope to chat with fellow firearm people
toomanygunns

Postby V Man on Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:36 pm

I was at Ft. Benning in 1987 for basic training then back to Benning for a school or two. I enlisted in the Army National guard after my first hitch with the Army I was in 1/293 76th Infantry Brigade. 76th Inf was a seperate Infantry unit that was attached to the 101st and all of our training was conducted under the supervision of the 101st. Never got the chance to jump out of a perfectly good airplane, but I did rappel out of a few things and off a few things. We did establish HLZ's and LZ's on several occasions for your jumps.

Can you still get a pizza delivered from dominos by giving them a grid cordinate?
Everything you need to know to be successful in the military: Always have an Assault element,Support element and a Security element. Leadership Decisions: Will it accomplish the Mission? Is it morally and ethically correct? How will it affect your men?
V Man

Postby GA_N_MN on Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:11 am

V Man wrote:I was at Ft. Benning in 1987 for basic training then back to Benning for a school or two. I enlisted in the Army National guard after my first hitch with the Army I was in 1/293 76th Infantry Brigade. 76th Inf was a seperate Infantry unit that was attached to the 101st and all of our training was conducted under the supervision of the 101st. Never got the chance to jump out of a perfectly good airplane, but I did rappel out of a few things and off a few things. We did establish HLZ's and LZ's on several occasions for your jumps.

Can you still get a pizza delivered from dominos by giving them a grid cordinate?
Last edited by GA_N_MN on Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GA_N_MN

Postby V Man on Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:08 pm

I was there for Pathfinder School in 2000 and I noticed a lot of "Marriage Counseling" facilities that popped up outside the entrance to the post. Ah, good old VD (Victory Drive).
Everything you need to know to be successful in the military: Always have an Assault element,Support element and a Security element. Leadership Decisions: Will it accomplish the Mission? Is it morally and ethically correct? How will it affect your men?
V Man

Postby Wadero on Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:20 am

GA_N_MN wrote:
V Man wrote:I was at Ft. Benning in 1987 for basic training then back to Benning for a school or two. I enlisted in the Army National guard after my first hitch with the Army I was in 1/293 76th Infantry Brigade. 76th Inf was a seperate Infantry unit that was attached to the 101st and all of our training was conducted under the supervision of the 101st. Never got the chance to jump out of a perfectly good airplane, but I did rappel out of a few things and off a few things. We did establish HLZ's and LZ's on several occasions for your jumps.

That used to be a well kept secret. You can't at Benning anymore, but I think Bragg still allows it. 87 was the year I went in too. Too many duty stations to list in 20 years. You wouldn't believe how mush Benning has changed. I just got back from a hunting trip there a couple of days ago.

I didn't order dominoes but I made a visit to Four Winds restaurant about two weeks ago. Its a must if you are at Benning.
“You were born free, you got f***ed out of half of it, and you wave a flag celebrating it.” -- Doug Stanhope
Wadero

Previous

Return to Introductions