Hello from Northern MN

Say "howdy" and let everyone know who you are
Forum rules
MNGUNTALK is a real-life community, and as such, we'd love to hear who you are and learn what knowledge you have to offer. Post whatever details about yourself you feel comfortable with, and make sure to check out any events that are happening if you want to meet people in person.

Hello from Northern MN

Postby Northern Gal on Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:50 pm

I just found this forum yesterday and I'm so glad I did! It's great to read things from people that actually live and shoot in MN. I'm a new shooter - just started this past spring - but I absolutely love it! I try to get to the range at least once a week, although that doesn't always work out, and generally shoot 150 - 200 rounds when I go. I have a Springfield XDm 9mm in both the full size and the compact (which I use to carry), and I also have a S&W snubnose .38 that I just use at the range.

My husband doesn't shoot so the forums are where I go to read and learn new things, to ask questions, and basically to just share any exciting things that happen - like an especially great day at the range!

It appears that most of you are from down in the Cities or in southern MN - Is there anyone else from up north? I do get down to the Cities every month or so as my son and daughter-in-law live down there. If you have any of those girls' get togethers on a Saturday, I just might be able to make it down to join you!
Northern Gal

Re: Hello from Northern MN

Postby grousemaster on Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:51 pm

Northern Gal wrote:I just found this forum yesterday and I'm so glad I did! It's great to read things from people that actually live and shoot in MN. I'm a new shooter - just started this past spring - but I absolutely love it! I try to get to the range at least once a week, although that doesn't always work out, and generally shoot 150 - 200 rounds when I go. I have a Springfield XDm 9mm in both the full size and the compact (which I use to carry), and I also have a S&W snubnose .38 that I just use at the range.

My husband doesn't shoot so the forums are where I go to read and learn new things, to ask questions, and basically to just share any exciting things that happen - like an especially great day at the range!

It appears that most of you are from down in the Cities or in southern MN - Is there anyone else from up north? I do get down to the Cities every month or so as my son and daughter-in-law live down there. If you have any of those girls' get togethers on a Saturday, I just might be able to make it down to join you!

Mac?
01 FFL
NRA Life Member
NRA Business Alliance
grousemaster

Postby Scott Notaeh on Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:59 pm

Welcome!!
Scott Notaeh

Postby justaguy on Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:06 pm

Glad you found us!!
WWTNSTKBLD
(What Would The Navy SEALs That Killed Bin Laden Do)
justaguy

Postby chudrockz on Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:25 pm

Welcome from Mankato. Charles Ingalls says hi, too. :)

I love northern Minnesota. Used to get up that way in college alot, now only once a year or so (Bearhead Lake, fishing).
chudrockz

Postby Northern Gal on Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:31 pm

Mac?[/quote]

Nope - sorry!
Northern Gal

Postby tullibee on Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:32 pm

Welcome!

there are a few "Up North" folks on the board (I just moved back to the lake from the cities recently). How far northern are you? And how come you haven't gotten your hubby interested in joining you at the range? :)
tullibee

Postby Northern Gal on Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:33 pm

justaguy wrote:Glad you found us!!

Yes - I am too! I'm on quite a few other gun forums, but I really like that this one is for MN shooters.
Northern Gal

Postby Hammer99... on Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:34 pm

:welcome: From the cities...
I love it when a plan comes together!
Hammer99...

Postby Northern Gal on Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:38 pm

tullibee wrote:Welcome!

there are a few "Up North" folks on the board (I just moved back to the lake from the cities recently). How far northern are you? And how come you haven't gotten your hubby interested in joining you at the range? :)

I'm in Duluth. I've been trying to get my husband to join me, as I think it would really be fun to go to the range together, but he just has no interest. However, he is at least supportive of my "addiction", thank God, and hasn't given me any trouble when I've come home w/ a new gun. At least not so far - but the next one on my radar is a 1911, so I might need to wait a little while before I spring that one on him!
Northern Gal

Postby tt3 on Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:41 pm

Welcome! Where do you shoot in Duluth?
I lived there for 12yrs but didn't get into handguns until we came down here. We usually broke clays on forestry land. Sometimes a bit up the shore, sometimes outside of Cloquet.
tt3

Postby tman on Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:44 pm

Welcome from the REAL northern MN! :P
Badged Thug & MN Permit to Carry Instructor
Slowly growing 1911 Glock collection. Donations accepted
tman

Postby Northern Gal on Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:55 pm

tman wrote:Welcome from the REAL northern MN! :P

And where would REAL northern MN be?
Northern Gal

Postby shooter115 on Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:00 pm

Welcome from fellow new guy sayin hi from west central MN. I'm an XD fan as well, Will be getting another as soon as they release the 5.25 in .40.
shooter115

Postby futbol79 on Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:04 pm

Well, I'm originally from up nort... Argyle, MN in fact. 60 miles from Canada and 30 miles from North Dakota... How up north are you?
futbol79

Next

Return to Introductions