Hello from Rochester

Say "howdy" and let everyone know who you are
Forum rules
MNGUNTALK is a real-life community, and as such, we'd love to hear who you are and learn what knowledge you have to offer. Post whatever details about yourself you feel comfortable with, and make sure to check out any events that are happening if you want to meet people in person.

Hello from Rochester

Postby Bulletz on Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:51 pm

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen. I am a Rochester resident. I have always been interested in firearms, but until recently have never thought of purchasing one. Some things have changed in our lives, some things haven't, and as a family we decided it might be time to get some home protection. I am here to find out the basics of MN Gun ownership. Whats legal to have in the house, how am I able to defend my house and so on.

Hope I learn a lot.

Thanks
Bulletz

Re: Hello from Rochester

Postby Anokamnman on Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:42 am

Welcome to the forum. Plenty of good information on here to help you.
Wrap that around your overly muscled left wing and row your dinghy in counterclockwise circles as a result.
Anokamnman

Postby gyrfalcon on Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:34 am

Bulletz wrote:Hello Ladies and Gentlemen. I am a Rochester resident. I have always been interested in firearms, but until recently have never thought of purchasing one. Some things have changed in our lives, some things haven't, and as a family we decided it might be time to get some home protection. I am here to find out the basics of MN Gun ownership. Whats legal to have in the house, how am I able to defend my house and so on.

Hope I learn a lot.

Thanks

What is your past experience with firearms? I would advise taking courses and training BEFORE you purchase a firearm.

The firearms safety course that's put on by the DNR is a good place to start: http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/safety/firea ... index.html

From there you have many different options.
"The problem in defense is how far you can go without destroying from within what you are trying to defend from without." -- Dwight D. Eisenhower
gyrfalcon

Postby CashFan on Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:58 am

Welcome to the forum!! I am a new member too and live south of roch. There are definitely lots of interesting discussions here and good luck with the gun purchase!! I would recommend shooting before you buy if possible and especially if you are not that familiar with handguns.
CashFan

Postby chudrockz on Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:42 am

Welcome from Mankato! I'd second getting in some time in classes for safety and training. Then, try before you buy.
chudrockz

Hello from Rochester

Postby illbits on Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:01 am

Grew up in Roch. Welcome aboard.
illbits

Postby justaguy on Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:06 am

Keep It Real.
WWTNSTKBLD
(What Would The Navy SEALs That Killed Bin Laden Do)
justaguy

Postby Bulletz on Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:14 am

gyrfalcon wrote:
Bulletz wrote:Hello Ladies and Gentlemen. I am a Rochester resident. I have always been interested in firearms, but until recently have never thought of purchasing one. Some things have changed in our lives, some things haven't, and as a family we decided it might be time to get some home protection. I am here to find out the basics of MN Gun ownership. Whats legal to have in the house, how am I able to defend my house and so on.

Hope I learn a lot.

Thanks

What is your past experience with firearms? I would advise taking courses and training BEFORE you purchase a firearm.

The firearms safety course that's put on by the DNR is a good place to start: http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/safety/firea ... index.html

From there you have many different options.

Thanks Guys!! I have little experience with hand guns. I've been mostly fascinated with Assault Rifles, Shotguns, rifles. Have put a lot of lead through Ak-47's, Ak-74's, AR-15, M-14, Romak's, SVD, and so on.
But right now I am just wanting to invest in some home protection in the form of hand guns.

I believe proper courses/classes is where we should start. Thank you
Bulletz

Postby bullets on Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:22 am

Welcome Bulletz!!!
bullets

Postby ranger on Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:25 am

Welcome from Champlin!

For a home protection handgun, you can't go wrong with a good revolver. Just pull the trigger and if it doesn't fire, pull it again....don't have to worry about jamming.

Just my .02 worth.
NRA Life Member
US Army Retired
ranger

Postby Muddy41 on Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:14 pm

Welcome from Richfield... Going to be in Rochester next weekend do you guys have a range that rents guns in case my tax return does not make it by then need something to do while down in Rochester
Muddy41

Postby Thunderjohn on Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:48 pm

Welcome from Savage.
FFL - http://www.Southwest-Arms.com
God, Family, Business
Emails to SouthwestArms@Gmail.com
Thunderjohn

Postby Pezhead on Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:27 pm

Welcome from Shakopee.
Pezhead

Postby tletourneau on Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:13 pm

Welcome from Rochester!

Sent from my EVO 4G using Tapatalk.
Tom

----------------------------------
Springfield XD-40 Service
Taurus PT-111 Pro (3rd Gen)
Desert Eagle .50AE Mark VII
tletourneau

Re: Re: Hello from Rochester

Postby CashFan on Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:13 pm

Muddy41 wrote:Welcome from Richfield... Going to be in Rochester next weekend do you guys have a range that rents guns in case my tax return does not make it by then need something to do while down in Rochester

Not that I know of, but I've been out for quite a while till a few months ago. As far as I know there is only one indoor range and you can't shoot jacketed bullets.
CashFan

Next

Return to Introductions