New From New Hope

Say "howdy" and let everyone know who you are
Forum rules
MNGUNTALK is a real-life community, and as such, we'd love to hear who you are and learn what knowledge you have to offer. Post whatever details about yourself you feel comfortable with, and make sure to check out any events that are happening if you want to meet people in person.

New From New Hope

Postby Kokeba07 on Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:43 pm

New to the forum from New Hope. Just started shooting with my dad over the last year. I dont get out shooting nearly as much as i would like to. Definitely want to look into purchasing my own gun since i have been using his Glock 21. Nothing agaianst Glocks it is just so i can get out on the range on my own more. Is Bills the only place in the area that has guns to rent. When i go with my dad we go to BPR.
Kokeba07

Re: New From New Hope

Postby GunGoogler on Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:21 am

Kokeba07 wrote:New to the forum from New Hope. Just started shooting with my dad over the last year. I dont get out shooting nearly as much as i would like to. Definitely want to look into purchasing my own gun since i have been using his Glock 21. Nothing agaianst Glocks it is just so i can get out on the range on my own more. Is Bills the only place in the area that has guns to rent. When i go with my dad we go to BPR.

Welcome from Birdtown! No clue on rentable guns beyond Bill's North & South. Also, since you shoot at BPR, you probably know about the fire they had this week. Check around in the forums here for some fundraising that is going on to support them if you are willing/able.
If you are reading this, there is a better than average chance that you are a d-bag.
GunGoogler

Postby Kokeba07 on Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:11 pm

Yea i have. thinkin of trying to make it to one of the culvers things. im super busy right now, im getting married this Sat otherwise i would totally be comin out to the Minneapolis bar fundraiser i saw talked about.
Kokeba07

Postby Thunderjohn on Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:59 pm

Welcome from Savage!
FFL - http://www.Southwest-Arms.com
God, Family, Business
Emails to SouthwestArms@Gmail.com
Thunderjohn

Postby Pezhead on Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:23 pm

Welcome from Shakopee.
Pezhead

Postby GunGoogler on Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:05 pm

Kokeba07 wrote:Yea i have. thinkin of trying to make it to one of the culvers things. im super busy right now, im getting married this Sat otherwise i would totally be comin out to the Minneapolis bar fundraiser i saw talked about.

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!
If you are reading this, there is a better than average chance that you are a d-bag.
GunGoogler

Postby Kokeba07 on Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:29 pm

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding![/quote]

Thank you im excited. Best part is she has already said she want to get her PTC when i get mine.
Kokeba07

Postby ex-LT on Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:49 am

Welcome aboard. As for places in the metro that rent, I think Bill's is it. IIRC, Bullseye Range up in North Branch rents guns too, but don't quote me on that.
DNR Certified Firearms Safety Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Rifle, and Shotgun
NRA Endowment Life Member
MN Gun Owners Caucus Life Member
Member Post 435 Gun Club
ex-LT
Inspector Gadget

Postby Kokeba07 on Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:03 pm

Wedding went great we decided much to my dismay that we should try and get some student loans paid off, instead of purchasing a firearm. we did decide to set a certain percentage of money towards saving for one.
Kokeba07

Postby ranger on Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:46 pm

Welcome from Champlin.
NRA Life Member
US Army Retired
ranger

Postby GunGoogler on Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:11 am

Kokeba07 wrote:Wedding went great we decided much to my dismay that we should try and get some student loans paid off, instead of purchasing a firearm. we did decide to set a certain percentage of money towards saving for one.

Just think how many more firearms you can buy with the saved interest!
GunGoogler

Postby Kokeba07 on Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:50 am

Exactly why im okay with the proposal to do it this way. Once i took time to stop and think about it.
Kokeba07

Return to Introductions