Hello from Fridley

Say "howdy" and let everyone know who you are
Forum rules
MNGUNTALK is a real-life community, and as such, we'd love to hear who you are and learn what knowledge you have to offer. Post whatever details about yourself you feel comfortable with, and make sure to check out any events that are happening if you want to meet people in person.

Hello from Fridley

Postby Jackjone on Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:00 am

Let's see where to start... Full Latino. Mother from Guatemala, biological father from Mexico.
Mother didn't care for guns at all, I wasn't allowed to play with squirt guns or anything like that.
Lucky for her she remarried to a soldier. When i was 11 he snuck me off to the range to shoot my very first gun. .22 of course and then brought out an M-16 for the hell of it. I fell in love instantly.
Grew up a geek and still am (comic books, video games and all that), but surprised everyone by joining the Army National Guard. Going onto my 3rd year in with my soon to be wife.
I didn't really get into the protecting our 2nd amendment scene till the Newton shooting... it was then that i realized how important it is that i'm able to keep my future family safe with whatever means possible. I remember watching it on the news, turning my head to my fiance, and thinking "I will protect her and our future children to the best of my ability... with everything i can."
Just moved to my own place and finally going to get my first weapon soon (step-dad had a shotgun and a hunting rifle so I felt safe enough not to purchase my own weapon yet). And now looking for a place where i can talk with people who share the same passion about guns and protecting our rights to own them.
Jackjone

Re: Hello from Fridley

Postby OldmanFCSA on Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:19 am

Welcome to the Forum.

I am from Osceola, WI, but lived in Oakdale for 6 years and Mounds View for 19 years, so part Minnesotan.

I teach reloading when you get to that stage.
OldmanFCSA

Postby Jack's My dog on Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:22 am

Jackjone wrote:Let's see where to start... Full Latino. Mother from Guatemala, biological father from Mexico.
Mother didn't care for guns at all, I wasn't allowed to play with squirt guns or anything like that.
Lucky for her she remarried to a soldier. When i was 11 he snuck me off to the range to shoot my very first gun. .22 of course and then brought out an M-16 for the hell of it. I fell in love instantly.
Grew up a geek and still am (comic books, video games and all that), but surprised everyone by joining the Army National Guard. Going onto my 3rd year in with my soon to be wife.
I didn't really get into the protecting our 2nd amendment scene till the Newton shooting... it was then that i realized how important it is that i'm able to keep my future family safe with whatever means possible. I remember watching it on the news, turning my head to my fiance, and thinking "I will protect her and our future children to the best of my ability... with everything i can."
Just moved to my own place and finally going to get my first weapon soon (step-dad had a shotgun and a hunting rifle so I felt safe enough not to purchase my own weapon yet). And now looking for a place where i can talk with people who share the same passion about guns and protecting our rights to own them.

Welcome form Minneapolis. Nothing wrong with a few video games in my book. Thank you for your service with the the NG.
Jack's My dog

Postby FJ540 on Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:19 am

Welcome neighbor!
FJ540

Return to Introductions