Hi from the North Metro area

Say "howdy" and let everyone know who you are
Forum rules
MNGUNTALK is a real-life community, and as such, we'd love to hear who you are and learn what knowledge you have to offer. Post whatever details about yourself you feel comfortable with, and make sure to check out any events that are happening if you want to meet people in person.

Hi from the North Metro area

Postby Lil' Bit on Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:12 am

Hi Everyone. First learned to shoot when I turned 18, had a cousin with many guns, so got to experience a wide range of firearms and even some tactics. Trained for law enforcement, started out in the field but left it long long ago. Bought my handgun, a .9mm HK back in college, still have it, love it. Also about to go on a trip with friends, meeting to fire a bunch of different guns. I'll be bringing a Mauser, Mossburg, Lee Enfield, .22 rifle (forget what it is), .30-.30 Winchester, my .9.... other friends bringing .357, M-4, various .9's, bunch of other stuff. Gonna be fun!

Unfortunately, last went to a range several years ago, so glad to be getting back into it again in style. :D

These forums look to be a good resource, look forward to joining in.

BTW does anyone know any place in the north metro where .8mm or .303 brit can be located (hopefully for a decent price?) Found some at Capra's but looking for more.
“Anyone who is not an anarchist agrees with having a policeman at the corner of the street; but the danger at present is that of finding the policeman half-way down the chimney or even under the bed.”

~ GK Chesterton "What I Saw in America, 1922
Lil' Bit

Re: Hi from the North Metro area

Postby Lil' Bit on Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:40 pm

Wow 40 views and not a single "Hello, How D'ya do!"

I've lived in this state since I was 10 and see it's still as standoffish as ever. ;-)

I'm tempted to go back to IL where I'm from where guns are outlawed but at least people are friendly! ;-)
Lil' Bit

Postby Mn01r6 on Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:50 am

Apologies. I didn't post because I had no clue where to point you on your ammo questions. But welcome to the forum!
Mn01r6

Postby OldmanFCSA on Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:30 am

Same here.

But I can reload 303 now and used to reload 8mm Mauser by cutting down 30-06 brass. 303 brass must have boxer primer.

Welcome to Forum , but can't help with original question. The response, or lack of, was due to your question. I feel you owe everyone an apology for your second posting, or a notification of when you get back to Illinois.

FYI - I teach reloading.
OldmanFCSA

Postby FJ540 on Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:26 am

I think it's been 2+ years since I looked in this section of the forum. Not too many people cruise the intros. You'll probably get a better response down in ammo.

Welcome from another IL ex-pat, and Fridley dweller. My dad got us out of that dive of a state as soon as he was able. I can't imagine moving back now.
FJ540

Postby Thunderjohn on Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:38 am

Welcome from Savage.
FFL - http://www.Southwest-Arms.com
God, Family, Business
Emails to SouthwestArms@Gmail.com
Thunderjohn

Return to Introductions