Howdy

Say "howdy" and let everyone know who you are
Forum rules
MNGUNTALK is a real-life community, and as such, we'd love to hear who you are and learn what knowledge you have to offer. Post whatever details about yourself you feel comfortable with, and make sure to check out any events that are happening if you want to meet people in person.

Howdy

Postby imc2cavu on Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:08 pm

Hello all, I've been a member for some time but realized I never officially introduced myself.
I know and shoot with a few members on this site.
I think I might know Seismic Sam if it's the same guy who used to sell salsa out of the back of his truck during Afton Days! That was the best I've ever had.
I've done SASS, USPSA and trap, but mostly normal range shooting since the kids (both in high school, my son is on the trap team) and I started Tae Kwon Do a few years ago.
Anyway... Better late than never? Happy new year!
imc2cavu

Re: Howdy

Postby OldmanFCSA on Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:09 am

Welcome from Osceola, WI. and formerly of Oakdale and Mounds View since 1987.

I teach reloading if or when you decide to try that hobby.

I enjoy shooting/reloading/anything with my children, but they are seldom home as both are in college, one at Texas A&M, the other at Virginia Tech. My daughter helped reloading yesterday while we talked. I need to ship ammo to her at Virginia Tech Blacksburg sometime soon to replenish her supply of 38, 357, 44, and 22. Kinda hard these days to fly back with it.

I miss shooting with her.
One time at OGC, the RSO's were amazed when she was instructing her then boyfriend on how to shoot a revolver. Usually its the other way around.

Anyway, Welcome to the site. Ask a question, any question, I will answer if I can assist, or others will.
OldmanFCSA

Postby Thunderjohn on Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:37 am

Welcome from Savage.
FFL - http://www.Southwest-Arms.com
God, Family, Business
Emails to SouthwestArms@Gmail.com
Thunderjohn

Howdy

Postby imc2cavu on Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:21 pm

OldmanFCSA wrote:Welcome from Osceola, WI. and formerly of Oakdale and Mounds View since 1987.

I teach reloading if or when you decide to try that hobby.

I enjoy shooting/reloading/anything with my children, but they are seldom home as both are in college, one at Texas A&M, the other at Virginia Tech. My daughter helped reloading yesterday while we talked. I need to ship ammo to her at Virginia Tech Blacksburg sometime soon to replenish her supply of 38, 357, 44, and 22. Kinda hard these days to fly back with it.

I miss shooting with her.
One time at OGC, the RSO's were amazed when she was instructing her then boyfriend on how to shoot a revolver. Usually its the other way around.

Anyway, Welcome to the site. Ask a question, any question, I will answer if I can assist, or others will.

Thanks Oldman!

I reside in the cities. Have my whole life.
I have my pilots license as well and have made a few flights up to the Osceola airport. Nice town!

I think that's one aspect I enjoy about the shooting sports is sharing it with my kids.
They've shot SASS with me, we all enjoy going to the range. Good times. Glad you've had similar experiences. Kids are a great source of pride.

Thanks for the reloading offer. I realized right away that shooting in matches it was logical and economical to reload. I've been doing it for about 4-5 years now. It's a hobby unto itself and I enjoy it. Appeals to my OCD ;)

Happy new year!
imc2cavu

Howdy

Postby imc2cavu on Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:22 pm

Thunderjohn wrote:Welcome from Savage.

Thanks John,
Happy new year!
imc2cavu

Postby shotz90s on Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:37 pm

Welcome from Central MN. Thanks for sharing sharing shooting sports with your kids. Some of my greatest memories are trap and range time with my Dad. They still are in fact and I'm sure this will live on in your kids as well.
shotz90s

Return to Introductions