New shooter from Orono/Long Lake.

Say "howdy" and let everyone know who you are
Forum rules
MNGUNTALK is a real-life community, and as such, we'd love to hear who you are and learn what knowledge you have to offer. Post whatever details about yourself you feel comfortable with, and make sure to check out any events that are happening if you want to meet people in person.

Postby Machine on Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:53 pm

Hi there... Eric here from Orono. Recently got back into shooting. Took a bit of a hiatus after the recession hit, but have gotten back in full time the last 6mo or so. I'm usually down at Delano Sportsman club at least twice a month shooting my SA 1911-A1 or my Ruger Mini-14 5832 LE.

My personally built All Stainless .45 (well, about 95% stainless, trigger body is aluminum).

And my Tacticool Mini14. Wanted a NOT-AR15 carbine and this is what I've come up with. Love the Mini action, and the newer models are real tight. Planning on adding a scope, as it has proven to be in the sub 2MOA range and I need a better optic to see what it can do.

Hoping to connect to the MN Gun community. Everyone I've run into at Delano have been real solid people. Just took my Permit to Carry class and will file soon, still deciding on what I want for something on my Hip.

Eric
Attachments
MiniTac1.jpg
1911-A1.jpg
Machine

Re: New shooter from Orono/Long Lake.

Postby OldmanFCSA on Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:08 am

Welcome from Osceola Wisconsin.

I used to work at WSI when it was out there and at CDM in Maple Plain, both many years ago.
OldmanFCSA

Postby Machine on Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:00 am

I'm not familiar with those companies. Lots of engineering stuff over here. I heard there is a shop in Maple Plain that makes really high quality custom holsters at a good price. Been meaning to check it out.
Machine

Postby optimusglen on Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:12 am

Welcome!

Man, that 1911 is a beauty! The Mini looks pretty sweet too, but I don't know anything about rifles.
optimusglen

Postby ZardozCZ on Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:04 am

Welcome from Medina, also shoot at Delano.
ZardozCZ

Postby Sigfan220 on Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:14 pm

Welcome - FYI this place can be a bit crazy at times...
Sigfan220

Return to Introductions