Greetings from Coon Rapids

Say "howdy" and let everyone know who you are
Forum rules
MNGUNTALK is a real-life community, and as such, we'd love to hear who you are and learn what knowledge you have to offer. Post whatever details about yourself you feel comfortable with, and make sure to check out any events that are happening if you want to meet people in person.

Greetings from Coon Rapids

Postby Wiley39 on Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:16 pm

Dropped in at the suggestion of another member, ZardozCZ, to see what I can learn. Active on the CZfirearms forum, and learning every day there also.

Wife and I took up shooting last year for reasons most have heard many times before. We've enjoyed it thoroughly and have introduced other family members to it also stressing safety first, last and always.

My father and uncle took me trap and range shooting more than 40 years ago. Dad also had a friend he'd hang with and they'd load shot shells in the garage to my everlasting fascination. Another uncle and I would head into the woods in the UP and blast away with his .357 and .44 mag or target shoot with his 30-30 or Dad's 30-06. Young and stupid we were, but we survived our teens and twenties without incident and I can look back now at all the things we should not have been doing.

Our current firearms are a Springfield 1911 RO .45, CZ 75 P-01 9mm, CZ Kadet 2, Walther PK380, Ruger SR22, a cherished Remington 721 30.06 (1960) and a Walther LP53 that Dad bought in Heidelberg for $12 while stationed there in 1953.

Been saving brass for a few months and will eventually get into reloading. Lots of reading so far, lots more to go.

Glad to be here....
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
Wiley39

Re: Greetings from Coon Rapids

Postby Kelor on Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:20 am

Welcome!
Kelor

Postby rtk on Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:47 am

Welcome aboard.
The sky is falling, the sky is falling....(Chicken Little)
rtk

Postby Ghost on Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:08 am

Welcome!
Ghost

Return to Introductions