Hello from AV

Say "howdy" and let everyone know who you are
Forum rules
MNGUNTALK is a real-life community, and as such, we'd love to hear who you are and learn what knowledge you have to offer. Post whatever details about yourself you feel comfortable with, and make sure to check out any events that are happening if you want to meet people in person.

Hello from AV

Postby aprilian on Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:39 am

I had been out of the shooting sports for 30 years when I inherited my dad's '64 Browning FN Target which he had bought in '65 in the UK. He brought it to the US in his briefcase with the ammo under the plane seat (pre DB Cooper ;) ). I added a '95 Buckmark Field and am now enjoying weekly range practice.

Is there a place for outdoor steel which is not members-only? I'd like to try that, it sounds very satisfying to "hear" a successful shot.
aprilian

Re: Hello from AV

Postby usnret on Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:10 pm

Where exactly are you from? There are Steel Shoots, but most of them require a caliber of 9mmor larger.
"The two most important rules in a gunfight are: Always cheat and
Always win."
GLOCK Certified Armorer
usnret

Postby aprilian on Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:16 pm

AV = Apple Valley MN.

Hmmm, a reason to buy another gun? I thought some places had steel shooting ranges that allowed rimfire.
aprilian

Postby shooter115 on Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:50 pm

usnret wrote:Where exactly are you from? There are Steel Shoots, but most of them require a caliber of 9mmor larger.

The was the Ruger rimfire match last year at Gopher Campfire, which I think you were at, if I remember correctly. Not sure if Tim is gonna run another one this year or not. But you are correct....most of the steel matches are 9mm and up.
shooter115

Postby usnret on Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:48 pm

SCAPSA is going to run 3 Steel Challenges this year. There is a rimfire division in that. There are 6 to 8 stages with 5 targets, and you shoot each stage 5 times. Only your 4 fastest times are kept for score.

As far as the NSSF rimfire match, there wasn't one last year (2015), and the year (2014)that it was held, there was a limit of like 30 shooters.
"The two most important rules in a gunfight are: Always cheat and
Always win."
GLOCK Certified Armorer
usnret

Return to Introductions