New to MN from another country!

Say "howdy" and let everyone know who you are
Forum rules
MNGUNTALK is a real-life community, and as such, we'd love to hear who you are and learn what knowledge you have to offer. Post whatever details about yourself you feel comfortable with, and make sure to check out any events that are happening if you want to meet people in person.

Postby Wrigley556 on Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:44 pm

Well hello everyone!

We just moved here in October of 2016 from the libtard communist country of CALIFORNIA. Yes we came to MN from CA, were not crazy lol. Myself and my family came out here for the education they offer k-12, the crime rates, areas, people, opportunities, politics, gun laws etc. We love it so far. Also my parents have lived here for the past 13 years so that was a major factor in what state we were planning to move to, either way we wanted out of CA, SO GLAD WE FINALLY LEFT!
Moving in october was a blessing, we were able to capture how beautiful the fall season is here. Where we lived in CA we did not have any seasons, it was either hot and windy or cold and windy. Oh and a **** ton of dust and dirt. NOT FUN.

Anyway first thing I did was apply for the MN license, then once that came in the mail, I marched straight down to apply for my permit to carry. Permit came in a few weeks ago, SO PUMPED!

Cheers!
Wrigley556

Re: New to MN from another country!

Postby aprilian on Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:07 pm

Hi, we moved from CA around 25 years ago also in October, except that was the year we got 19+ inches of show for Halloween :roll:

It is a good place to live, and there are a lot of helpful people in the local gun community.
aprilian

Postby hard h2o on Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:22 pm

Where in MN?
hard h2o

Postby MJY65 on Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:59 pm

Welcome! Your comment about moving here for the politics is kind of funny. I guess everything is relative.
MJY65

Postby gun_fan111v2 on Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:19 pm

Welcome to MN and the board.

So, what are your favorite couple of guns to shoot?
gun_fan111v2

Postby BigDog58 on Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:44 pm

Welcome to MN. The state motto should be "The State of Snow, Salt and Rust".... I'm a Southern Boy transplanted to here.
NRA RSO
"Never anger a man that can end you, from another zip code

If necessary to fight, I will Fight like I'm the 3rd Monkey on the ramp to Noah's Arc, and brother, it's starting to rain.
BigDog58

Postby Pat Cannon on Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:30 pm

Welcome! (Though I tend to assume that people who move her from warm places are fleeing arrest warrants ;) )

Whereabouts are you living, and if you got a carry permit, you presumably like pistol shooting, so check out the monthly steel shoots that start April 15th. Very fun!
Pat Cannon

Postby Holland&Holland on Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:18 pm

2 people new to this site today alone from cali? Popular state. Welcome.
Holland&Holland

Postby shooter115 on Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:49 pm

Welcome from the prairie of MN.
shooter115

Postby ex-LT on Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:36 pm

Welcome aboard, and congratulations on your successful escape from the People's Republic. I spent a couple years in San Diego as a member of Uncle Sam's Canoe Club, and have an aunt and cousins who live just south of Riverside.
DNR Certified Firearms Safety Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Rifle, and Shotgun
NRA Endowment Life Member
MN Gun Owners Caucus Life Member
Member Post 435 Gun Club
ex-LT
Inspector Gadget

Postby Wrigley556 on Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:21 pm

Thanks guys!

Well yes I am a pistol guy, EDC Glock 19. Not sure what all the 40sw rage is all about out there lol I am a 45 or 9mm type of guy, but honestly if I had to choose it would be 556 =)

I am in Lakeville, MN (Dakota County) I did not flee from CA due to warrants hahah

My fav guns to shoot CZ shadow, Glock 34, Glock 19, Glock 17, Glock 21, Glock 19 and oh the Glock 19

I have a few AR platforms that are my babies.

As far as politics go, yes I know the state of MN is somewhat liberal, but in my opinion its really just inner city that seems that way, everyone I talk to in the suburbs north or south seem to be pretty conservative and voted appropriately. With that said, if I had a Trump sign in my yard back in CA, my house would get vandalized on a daily basis, along with death threats, so its actually WAY better out here in MN than CA when it comes to politics.
Wrigley556

Return to Introductions