Newbee V Man

Say "howdy" and let everyone know who you are
Forum rules
MNGUNTALK is a real-life community, and as such, we'd love to hear who you are and learn what knowledge you have to offer. Post whatever details about yourself you feel comfortable with, and make sure to check out any events that are happening if you want to meet people in person.

Newbee V Man

Postby V Man on Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:43 am

I am kinda new to the area and I met A guy named Don L at the Burnsville Pistol Range an he suggested I join this forum. I just got back in to shooting and I am anxious to learn what I have missed since leaving the military.

Thanks Don for all the info you shared at the range.
Everything you need to know to be successful in the military: Always have an Assault element,Support element and a Security element. Leadership Decisions: Will it accomplish the Mission? Is it morally and ethically correct? How will it affect your men?
V Man

Re: Newbee V Man

Postby rtk on Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:45 am

Welcome V. Watch out for that DonL guy :lol: :lol:

RTK
The sky is falling, the sky is falling....(Chicken Little)
rtk

Postby Stradawhovious on Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:50 am

Welcome! Watch out for rtk. Nothin' but trouble.
If you're reading this, there are better than even odds you are a d-bag.
Stradawhovious

Postby westberg on Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:55 am

Welcome V man watch out for Strad............ :lol:
westberg

Postby Vlad on Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:01 am

Welcome to the Board! Watch out for all of those guys, except for Ron. He is pretty cool. Tom
http://www.Schleifleather.com For custom holsters that fit you and the gun, not to mention show off those Strad grips...

The cost of liberty is less than the price of repression."

--W.E.B. Du Bois,
American scholar and civil rights leader
Vlad

Postby Pezhead on Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:02 am

Welcome aboard.
Pezhead

Postby DeanC on Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:15 am

You must live a charmed life if Don was one of the first gun guys you met in town. You are off to a wonderful start.
Decrypt the points of departure and return your head slowly and you do not cancel your hair.
DeanC

Postby Belgiboy on Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:24 am

Welcome here. What kind of shooting are you coming back to?
I have a Colt Python and you don't so what do I care...

Mom, Dad.... I'm Gaelic

http://www.zazzle.com/belgiboy/gifts
Belgiboy

Postby gman1868 on Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:48 pm

Living the Armed Lifestyle
gman1868

Postby hammAR on Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:56 pm

Welcome.....hope you shoot and carry a 1911 in .45.............. ;)
All men are created equal....It's what they do from there that matters!.
hammAR

Postby elmerfuddem on Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:05 pm

churchill V sign.jpg
churchill V sign.jpg (13.32 KB) Viewed 2562 times

the V sign
Rude English hand sign that derives from the middle ages. During the 100 years war the French would cut off the middle and index fingers of any English bowman so as they could never shoot again. The English would taunt the French by showing their fingers, so as to say "I can still shoot you Frog!""
Is the trademark of rock star, Liam Gallagher but was also made popular during the second world war by Winston Churchill where it took on the meaning of V for Victory. It should not be confused with the piss-poor peace sign which is the reverse of it with the palm and fingers facing the viewer instead of the back of the hand.
Due to its historical relevance it should be particularly directed at the French and other historical enemies of the English.
Welcome V.
"Hurrah, boys, we've got them! We'll finish them up and then go home to our station." Lt. Col G.A. Custer June 25, 1876.
elmerfuddem

Postby Thunderjohn on Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:41 pm

Welcome. Your name seems quite familiar.
FFL - http://www.Southwest-Arms.com
God, Family, Business
Emails to SouthwestArms@Gmail.com
Thunderjohn

Postby V Man on Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:53 pm

My story:

I had young children and I sold all of my guns because right or wrong I thought it would be better for my peace of mind. I know that there are a lot of opinions about having guns in the house and I respect them all. This was just my decision to not have them in the house. Well..... as you may or may not know kids grow up and move away, so I thought it was time to get back into something I love. As far as what kind of shooting did I do before, I was a weapons squad leader in an Infantry unit. My job in the military allowed me to shoot just about everything in the military. I have also had some training in small arms like combat pistol and CQC. The truth is I just miss shooting, I have never been really good at target or comp shooting, but I try. I would say that I have always met the minimum standard. Remember I was in charge of crew served weapons so I just needed to get close. :mrgreen:

As far as my user name is conserned I have one of those last names that no one can say correctly. When you first start out in the military they call you whatever they want and it usually is not good. As I moved through the ranks it started with CPL V then SGT V and so on and so forth. My peers and Officers started calling me V Man. So there you go, my life in 200 words or less.
Everything you need to know to be successful in the military: Always have an Assault element,Support element and a Security element. Leadership Decisions: Will it accomplish the Mission? Is it morally and ethically correct? How will it affect your men?
V Man

Postby V Man on Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:00 pm

Hey Thunderjohn, I bet you are starting to think I work for the ATF. Did you go over to Bill's for the big show?
V Man

Postby Thunderjohn on Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:47 pm

V Man wrote:Hey Thunderjohn, I bet you are starting to think I work for the ATF. Did you go over to Bill's for the big show?

Well if you do, find out when my license is going to get here. Yes, I went Friday morning. It was a mad house.
Good to see you here.
FFL - http://www.Southwest-Arms.com
God, Family, Business
Emails to SouthwestArms@Gmail.com
Thunderjohn

Next

Return to Introductions