Any one tried these before?

A place for women to discuss firearms and other issues specific to women.
Forum rules
Refrain from snide comments, inside jokes, thread drift, and personal attacks or you may lose your posting privileges.

Aggressively moderated

Re: Any one tried these before?

Postby Sherry on Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:37 pm

rugersol wrote:
Mrs. Tim Warner wrote:dood. these are my fat pants. they are 2 sized big.

Those shorts looked like they had a holster on them though. I don't want some slimming shorts, they looked to just be like bike shorts with a holster outside that can go under other stuff. Am I incorrect?

I meant the shirts! :roll:

Other guy's on the shorts! ... wuddint me!

dood.
dood.
If I buy bigger shirts you will imply that I have gained weight, or inquire if I am pregnant.
AND if it's not good fashion by your standards, I don't want to wear it! (j/K)

Srsly, yeah, I do need bigger tops, but I have a case of the poor, so I am tryna think up other stuff. Might be brainstorming too much today (and behaving well and keeping on topic)... gonna have a beer now and fix dat.
Sherry

Postby tman on Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:42 pm

Mrs. Tim Warner wrote:Don't Wanna make y'all sound stupid... cuz you've known me a while, and see my name on facebook everyday when you check on me (cuz I know you do)... but it's spelled Sherry (like the booze)... just an FYI (I don't take any offense or anything).

My apologies. I'd blame keyboard slippage, but I was just too lazy to double check.

You are welome to get my first name wrong anytime, but it would be harder to explain. :lol:

(I didn't remember how to spell the booze either, but that was a nice try. I'm usually pretty good with my spirits.)
Badged Thug & MN Permit to Carry Instructor
Slowly growing 1911 Glock collection. Donations accepted
tman

Postby Heffay on Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:45 pm

Just hang out with people who carry. You can look fabulous and be safe at the same time.
To the two forum members who have used lines from my posts as their signatures, can't you quote Jesse Ventura or some other great Minnesotan instead of stealing mine? - LePetomane
Heffay

Postby Sherry on Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:51 pm

Good idea Hef, what should I do with this pretty new G19, and this pretty new holster though?
Sherry

Postby Heffay on Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:02 pm

Mrs. Tim Warner wrote:Good idea Hef, what should I do with this pretty new G19, and this pretty new holster though?

Make Tim carry it.
To the two forum members who have used lines from my posts as their signatures, can't you quote Jesse Ventura or some other great Minnesotan instead of stealing mine? - LePetomane
Heffay

Postby Sherry on Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:08 pm

He already carries a G19.
Sherry

Postby Heffay on Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:09 pm

Mrs. Tim Warner wrote:He already carries a G19.

Yeah, but dual wielding is sexy as hell.

Heffay

Postby Sherry on Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:15 pm

Not to get off subject, which is where you are nudging me, but Tim is already the sexiest man alive, so I think I'll keep my G19. Besides, women have short attention spans and tend to wander. Tim is hard at work all day long and unless I am at school, there are so many unsupervised places I can wander off to. I also tend to talk to strangers, especially if they have candy, so it makes sense for a girl like me to be able to defend herself.
Sherry

Postby Squib Joe on Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:56 pm

plblark wrote:a tight flirty top with a light, frilly, open front shirt as a cover garment can work very well

Best quote ever
"The weight is a sign of reliability. I always go for reliability." - Boris "The Blade" Yurinov
Squib Joe

Postby timwarner on Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:06 pm

Winter is coming soon, or at least cooler weather. Should be easy enough to get used to carrying with heavier clothing, then transition some in the spring. Summer is always harder.

Say what you want about my choices, but I made them based off of what I know about the Mrs., and what I thought would work best for a firearm(Something she's familiar with. Shoots a G34 for USPSA), and a holster that is solid, easy to draw from, and adjustable.

I never thought that holster would be the end all for carry holsters for her. I'm sure most of us have a box full of holsters we don't use. It would at least allow some adjustment, and if that doesn't work, I have the OWB version, as well as a thumb snap OWB, and an all kydex IWB similiar to what she got. Given that she doesn't wear an undershirt like I do, I thought the leather backing might be more comfortable than all kydex.

Purse carry is out. Today I came home to find the garage door open and her car/house keys sitting 2 feet from the car on a bench.
What if the purse gets left out next to the keys?

How often does the purse stay in the car, but the wallet goes in to the store?
smash n grab anyone?
Tim
USPSA club MN07
http://ipsc.krok.us
timwarner

Postby tman on Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:45 pm

In the context of Mrs Tim's reply about what you really said to her, I'm not knocking you. There are safe handling considerations to take into account. I agree with your assessment of off-body carry as well, but, ultimately, Mrs. Tim
will make her own decision.

A gun like a PF-9 might be a good warm weather choice....
(sent from a "secure location" via scrambled phone)
Badged Thug & MN Permit to Carry Instructor
Slowly growing 1911 Glock collection. Donations accepted
tman

Postby timwarner on Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:51 pm

Given one choice in pistol, and one starting point in holster, I got what I thought would work best. From her, we'll leave it up to the Mrs. to decide. I know I have a bucket of holsters I didn't like, I'm sure she will too. Maybe a new gun for her, but who knows, until she carries a few times and figures out what she likes and doesn't like.
Tim
USPSA club MN07
http://ipsc.krok.us
timwarner

Postby Sherry on Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:23 pm

I <3 my glock.
Sherry

Postby RobD on Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:05 pm

I hate the idea of SOB carry, but that was the most concealed...
Political Director - MN Gun Owners Caucus/PAC
NRA Instructor (BP, PPITH, PPOTH, Reloading, RSO)
Certified Glock Armorer - Permit to Carry Instructor - Aegis Outdoors
RobD

Postby Sherry on Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:47 pm

Yeah, i think it would take more practice to draw from that position, but not the worst option.
Sherry

Previous

Return to The Powder Room