ladies introduce yourselves

A place for women to discuss firearms and other issues specific to women.
Forum rules
Refrain from snide comments, inside jokes, thread drift, and personal attacks or you may lose your posting privileges.

Aggressively moderated

Re: ladies introduce yourselves

Postby Belgiboy on Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:53 pm

Welcome star! If you are referring to the novice trapshooting evenings in Oakdale, I think you'll get to meet a bunch of us. My wife, me and number of people on this board love to go there on Wednesday evenings. It's very laid back and excellent to learn shooting a shotgun. Hope to meet you there, be prepared to be addicted... Trap has a way of doing that to you.
I have a Colt Python and you don't so what do I care...

Mom, Dad.... I'm Gaelic

http://www.zazzle.com/belgiboy/gifts
Belgiboy

Postby Star on Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:42 pm

I hope that is the one I haven't been out there all winter to check on classes I should ask my husband ( Marv) he should know. I haven't even ask him if we have a gun I can use.
Star

Postby mrokern on Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:28 pm

Welcome, Star! Nice to see you around here. You've got a proud hubby, by the way...Marv talks about you a lot (all good, I promise!!!). :)

-Mark
Back to being just a guy.
No, not that guy. Or that other one either.
mrokern

Postby Dawn on Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:15 pm

Hi Star,
Welcome!! I think you have come along way in over coming your fear of guns. I think one of the biggest fears for me was I didn't know much about them and how they function. In time and lots of practice your comfort level will feel better. I couldn't get Ron sew either! Now we love to go shooting together. I would like to try trap shooting some time too. Iv'e done alittle but need lots of work. congrats on over coming your fear of guns!!
Dawn
Dawn

Postby Lady T on Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:37 pm

Hey! Teresa here! Sorry it took so long to introduce myself.
Like most of you, I also grew up in a house without guns. When I was about 18, some of my friends did take me out to their usual shooting place (a dump) they were having so much fun, I decided to try it-well all I remember was the gun was black and it hurt like crazy after I shot it!! Decided right there it wasn’t for me!! Well, when I hit the big 3-0 I decided it was time to try it again. I took a Ladies Only beginners class in Maplewood & we shot at Oakdale Gun Club. They started us with .22’s and slowly worked us up to the larger calibers. Well, I was completely hooked!!!! I took all & any training I could find and before I knew it I was instructing with the same guys I took my first class with (they are the greatest!)
I guess the one thing that I’m most proud of, is I created and developed my own “Introductory to Firearm for Ladies” course and with great support with some friends I met at Oakdale Gun Club we started out with 1 class-there were 6 ladies. Within a few years, it went from 6 to over 40 ladies (with a waiting list) and we were doing sometimes 2-3 classes a year! It was so much fun watching it grow and all the fun everyone had! About 5 years ago, I started Instructing for Bill’s Gun Shop and had to sign a letter of no compete which meant I had to give it up. It was so hard to “give up my baby” but what made it a little easier was turning it over to another woman (Terri W.) who I knew would continue what I started.
I’ve been an NRA Instructor for many years and have traveled in MN & WI to many schools and safety camps to educate children with NRA’S Eddie Eagle.
For many years, I’ve also been a DNR FAS Instructor-although I don’t hunt with a gun, just my camera!
I started instructing MN Permit to Carry with AACFI (#037) and was part of a 5 man team that put together & published “Handgun Basics”
I still instruct at both locations at Bill’s and work at the Circle Pines location full time. I’m also Utah certified Permit Instructor.
I still sometimes wonder how this all happened!!
I will always admit my favorite gun to shoot is a .22 its just pure fun and always puts a smile on my face-and to me, that’s what shooting is all about :D
I’m really looking forward to communicating with you all and also hope to meet you sometime! I think we all can learn so much and have a really fun time!
Thanks Dawn for starting this thread :D

Teresa
Lady T

Postby sawgrass on Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:27 am

Hi, my name is Rhonda. I'm Wrench's Partner. I grew up in the Appalachains of NC. Everyone has a gun.
I had bb guns as a little girl, and my Dad gave me my first .22 rifle when I was 15. I went many years and
didn't shoot until I met Susan. We went to Oakdale a few times and I was hooked. I love shooting 45ACP.
I love 1911's. :mrgreen: I recently bought my first .357 revolver. It is my current favorite pistol. I like shooting pistols
more than long guns, but I did pick up a Garand and a M1 Carbine in Alabama at the CMP last summer.
I have started a collection of Winchester 67's. Plinking with a single shot .22 on a sunny afternoon is so fun.
We just moved close to Oakdale so we are hoping to shoot more often.

Star, yes, Marv is so proud and happy! Congrats on facing your fears. We look forward to meeting you.
Marv is a good man. Heck, he sold me my first semi-auto. G19.

Happy Shooting Everyone.
Sawgrass
NRA Life Member
GOCRA Member
sawgrass

Postby Star on Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:28 pm

Thank you all for your congrets, can not wait to met all of you. Marv has told me so much about you I feel as if I know you already PS. I think he is great too!!
Star :)

Mod note: changed poster to star.........because post count is important ;)
Last edited by ttousi on Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: changed poster
Star

Postby Star on Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:37 pm

Can anyone tell me who gramps is. I must not be doing some thing right again.
Star

mod note changed poster to star
Last edited by ttousi on Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: changed poster
Star

Postby westberg on Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:40 pm

gramps wrote:Can anyone tell me who gramps is. I must not be doing some thing right again.
Star

You appear to be gramps.
westberg

Postby westberg on Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:01 pm

Star did you log in under your own login or gramps? You may need to log out and then relogin under your name.
westberg

Postby mnglocker on Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:14 pm

How does posting under two user names effect one's clout rating?
-Get a rope Tuco.
What happens in the basement stays in the basement.

http://www.ronpaul2012.com/
mnglocker

Postby Star on Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:33 pm

OK I am now on my laptop.LOL It is really bad when I don't know his nick name.
Star
Star

Postby Pat Cannon on Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:07 pm

Star wrote:OK I am now on my laptop.LOL It is really bad when I don't know his nick name.
Star

Now that you know, you can do an advanced search for any posts from that user name including the words "don't tell my". ;)
Pat Cannon

Postby gman1868 on Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:54 pm

Pat Cannon wrote:
Star wrote:OK I am now on my laptop.LOL It is really bad when I don't know his nick name.
Star

Now that you know, you can do an advanced search for any posts from that user name including the words "don't tell my". ;)

Hey! Don't give away our secrets :/ ;)
Living the Armed Lifestyle
gman1868

Postby Lady T on Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:29 pm

mnglocker wrote:How does posting under two user names effect one's clout rating?

I really doubt any one of us Ladies are worried about our "clout" :roll:
In fact, in this playground we are all on the same level no matter who we are :D

LT
Lady T

PreviousNext

Return to The Powder Room