What are you doing?

A place for women to discuss firearms and other issues specific to women.
Forum rules
Refrain from snide comments, inside jokes, thread drift, and personal attacks or you may lose your posting privileges.

Aggressively moderated

What are you doing?

Postby Dawn on Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:48 pm

Gals, Are you coming out to play April 17th....... Steel shoot @ Gopher Campfire? Hope so!!!

What esle are you Shooting this summer season?
Dawn

Re: What are you doing?

Postby Tickledpink on Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:20 am

Hi!
I believe that I will be joining Strad at the steel shoot on the 17th but I won't be participating :cry:. I need a bit (alot) more practice.

I look forward to meeting everyone in person though!
Tickledpink

Postby plblark on Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:45 am

Tickled Pink: By all means, come along. But get that Strad guy to pack enough gear you like so that you can get your feet wet.

Benny and China run an interesting, fun, and SAFE event which is accessible to shooters of varied experience. They offer holster work pointers for first timers OR there's the option of starting from the low ready. Each stage is run under the supervision of a Range Safety Officer and a score keeper so there's someone right there to confirm the course of fire and what's expected and offer a little advice (right up until the time the timer goes off and then you're on your own except for safety issues)

I brought two friends to a shoot last year. Neither had shot much recently and neither had EVER drawn from the holster. They paid attention, started slow, sure, and safe, and progressed from there. Both left with HUGE smiles.

Whatever your comfort level, whatever your interest, come along. You're welcome and will enjoy the event and the company.

Paul
private or small grou permit classes available
"I'll take a huge order of fiscal responsibility, a side of small government, hold the religion please. " Paraphrase from Tamara K
RIP 1911Fan
plblark

Postby Tickledpink on Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:09 am

plblark wrote:Tickled Pink: By all means, come along. But get that Strad guy to pack enough gear you like so that you can get your feet wet.

Benny and China run an interesting, fun, and SAFE event which is accessible to shooters of varied experience. They offer holster work pointers for first timers OR there's the option of starting from the low ready. Each stage is run under the supervision of a Range Safety Officer and a score keeper so there's someone right there to confirm the course of fire and what's expected and offer a little advice (right up until the time the timer goes off and then you're on your own except for safety issues)

I brought two friends to a shoot last year. Neither had shot much recently and neither had EVER drawn from the holster. They paid attention, started slow, sure, and safe, and progressed from there. Both left with HUGE smiles.

Whatever your comfort level, whatever your interest, come along. You're welcome and will enjoy the event and the company.

Paul

Thanks for the invite! I went to one last year; I thought it was a lot of fun. I think it was my first experience being around any firearms. Everyone was very nice and welcoming. I will probably be a quite a few this year. I don't think I will be participating for awhile though. I enjoy shooting but at this point I am not so good with aim. :oops:

I think that I will be bringing my oldest boy out for the festivities also.
Tickledpink

Postby plblark on Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:28 am

Do we have access / use of the rifle bay? I have a FUN gong that Tickled Kid could shoot at (supervised)
"I'll take a huge order of fiscal responsibility, a side of small government, hold the religion please. " Paraphrase from Tamara K
RIP 1911Fan
plblark

Postby Tickledpink on Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:43 am

plblark wrote:Do we have access / use of the rifle bay? I have a FUN gong that Tickled Kid could shoot at (supervised)

He would love to shoot anything he can get his hands on! Strad posted some pics of his first time at the range and I haven't seen that kid smile that big for years. He loved every second of it. If the rifle bay is open then we can bring his .22 rifle also. It'll be like Christmas in April for him.
Tickledpink

Postby plblark on Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:55 am

I'm asking, not answering as I don't know if it is available. I don't want to get his hopes up and then have them not be possible.
RIP 1911Fan
plblark

Postby Stradawhovious on Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:01 am

Last year it wasn't an issue as long as there wasn't league. I will end up renewing my membership, so it will be even less of an issue.
If you're reading this, there are better than even odds you are a d-bag.
Stradawhovious

Postby Dawn on Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:46 pm

Tickledpink wrote:Hi!
I believe that I will be joining Strad at the steel shoot on the 17th but I won't be participating :cry:. I need a bit (alot) more practice.

I look forward to meeting everyone in person though!

Hey Tickledpink, Glad your coming out the 17th!!! Just in case be prepared, I bet you would be just fine! Once you tried it you'll want to do it again and again!
Dawn

Postby old guy's wench on Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:36 am

Ok, I really want to try new things, but haven't a clue. What all does this entail? Where are these (shoots) located? Did I miss the initial posting? I want to check it out for curiosity, and always willing to learn new stuff.. HELP!!!! thanks, Never mind, found it!
old guy's wench

Postby Dawn on Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:02 pm

old guy's wench wrote:Ok, I really want to try new things, but haven't a clue. What all does this entail? Where are these (shoots) located? Did I miss the initial posting? I want to check it out for curiosity, and always willing to learn new stuff.. HELP!!!! thanks, Never mind, found it!

Glad you found the info, Now come out on the 17th, You'll have fun!! Benny and China are great host!
Dawn

Postby Tickledpink on Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:02 pm

I am planning on going to the the shoot on the 17th. I am looking forward to it, I might get talked in to participating by the end of the "season", I have got lots of practicing to do. :)
Tickledpink

Return to The Powder Room