Women Only Appleseed!

A place for women to discuss firearms and other issues specific to women.
Forum rules
Refrain from snide comments, inside jokes, thread drift, and personal attacks or you may lose your posting privileges.

Aggressively moderated

Women Only Appleseed!

Postby TC95GT on Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:30 pm

This is a women only Appleseed. The instructors are all women only as well. The lead instructor is excellent. She knows how to shoot as well as teach. So if your looking for an opportunity to learn some fundamental marksmanship skills with a rifle and some American history in an all womens class this is your chance.

Remember women shoot free and the range fee is very reasonable. All you need is a rifle and some ammo.

Mods if this should go in events please move.

Range: Hinckley Conservation Club Rifle Range

Address: 28111 State Hwy. 48, Hinckley, MN. 55037
(NOTE: Address does not show correct location on internet maps)

When: May 22-23 Women ONLY Shoot!!!

Range Fee: NEW! $5/shooter/event; waived for Hinckley Conservation Club members!

Camping available: not onsite, though nearby at,
Kettle River Camping Park, is less than one mile away.
29192 State Hwy. 48
Hinckley, MN. 55037
(320) 384-7387

Hotels:
Days Inn(Approx. 3.5 miles West of range)
104 Grindstone Court I 35
Hinckley, MN. 55037
(320) 384-7751

Travelodge(Approx. 4 miles West of range)
325 Fire Monument Rd.
Hinckley, MN. 55037
(320) 384-6112

Directions:
From Interstate 35 - Take exit 183-Hinckley; Head East on Hwy. 48(Fire Monument Rd.)The Range will be 3.7 miles on your left.

From the East - Take Hwy. 48 West, the range will be about 1 mile past the Kettle River, on your right.

GPS: 46º 0' 40.84" N, 92º 51' 20.24" W

State Laws to be aware of: "Check State laws"

Misc:
This is a 25 meter only event. So feel free to bring your .22 lr; gain valuable experience whilst saving money on ammo! Centerfire welcome as well. This is a smaller range of modest amenities, however they are excited to host Appleseed. Be sure to bring your own water and pack a lunch. Though, if you wish there are several eateries within 5 miles. And remember, this is Minnesota, so be prepared for any weather!
"It is not enough to just obey Big Brother, you must love him, too." 1984 by George Orwell
TC95GT

Re: Women Only Appleseed!

Postby DeanC on Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:47 pm

TC95GT wrote:The instructors are all women only as well. The lead instructor is excellent. She knows how to shoot as well as teach.

Mogget?
Decrypt the points of departure and return your head slowly and you do not cancel your hair.
DeanC

Postby TC95GT on Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:28 am

DeanC wrote:
TC95GT wrote:The instructors are all women only as well. The lead instructor is excellent. She knows how to shoot as well as teach.

Mogget?

Yup.
"It is not enough to just obey Big Brother, you must love him, too." 1984 by George Orwell
TC95GT

Postby DeanC on Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:22 am

Yep - she is REAL good!
Decrypt the points of departure and return your head slowly and you do not cancel your hair.
DeanC

Postby goalie on Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:02 pm

If any of the ladies want to shoot this, but don't want to buy a .22, let me know. I have a Marlin with extra mags and tech sights someone could borrow.
It turns out that what you have is less important than what you do with it.
goalie

Postby DeanC on Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:03 pm

goalie wrote:If any of the ladies want to shoot this, but don't want to buy a .22, let me know. I have a Marlin with extra mags and tech sights someone could borrow.

Good idea Goalie. I can offer the same.
DeanC

Postby old guy's wench on Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:57 pm

Old Guy and I were at the Elk River Appleseed for a little bit last Saturday just observing, and I was really impressed with the training they were giving in all aspects of the appleseed.. and i only saw a little bit.. i the rest of the day was as informational, as the little bit i saw, wow, what a fabulous learning experience.. really useful information, on all aspects of the sport... i don't know that it is anything i want to do, but i really enjoyed the watching and listening of the instructions, as well as the why's . nice group up there in Elk River. Very friendly..thanks for letting us observe...
old guy's wench

Postby DeanC on Tue May 25, 2010 8:45 am

Pictures of the women at the ladies only shoot doing their laundry:

DeanC

Postby plblark on Tue May 25, 2010 8:59 am

AWESOME shirts!
private or small grou permit classes available
"I'll take a huge order of fiscal responsibility, a side of small government, hold the religion please. " Paraphrase from Tamara K
RIP 1911Fan
plblark

Return to The Powder Room