Summer carrying

A place for women to discuss firearms and other issues specific to women.
Forum rules
Refrain from snide comments, inside jokes, thread drift, and personal attacks or you may lose your posting privileges.

Aggressively moderated

Re: Summer carrying

Postby Paul on Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:50 am

Kirstie wrote:So now that is summer and shorts,and skirt season do all you other ladies just carry by purse?

plblark wrote:I almost answered this but noticed it's lady centric (being in the powder room and all)
Paul

Postby Seismic Sam on Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:39 am

Oh, one other thought comes to mind being fresh back from Germany, where the women go to a fair amount of trouble to look nice, and for old guys like me this poses a certain danger of walking into a lamp post while I'm gawking.

Wide belts. Mostly with tight dresses, but sometimes with a blouse and skirt or blouse and pants. By wide, I mean anything from 5"- 8" wide, so it's essentially a waist cinch, and because they are leather or some other fairly thick material, they don't print through, so you could have a Ruger LCP or other small gun in there and it would be totally invisible. It would also require a pretty minimal holster for it to stay put, so you could velcro or glue a fitted pocket to hold the gun just the way you want it.
Seismic Sam
Gone but not forgotten

Postby Srigs on Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:26 am

My wife carries a Kel-tec P32 appendix position in the summer in one of my Minimal Clip standard without a belt and works great. If she can't wear that one, she up guns to a Bersa 380 or 9mm in her purse. If she is wearing a coat or shorts/skirt with pockets she pocket carries the P32.

There are spare mags in each of the cars (door pocket) for her 3 guns.

Hope this helps.
Srigs,

http://www.sideguardholsters.com
http://www.sideguardholsters.com/blog

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.
Srigs

Postby wrench on Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:04 am

Wide belts. Mostly with tight dresses, but sometimes with a blouse and skirt or blouse and pants. By wide, I mean anything from 5"- 8" wide, so it's essentially a waist cinch, and because they are leather or some other fairly thick material, they don't print through

OMG!
I would look like I had just won a World Wrestling match or something, if I tried to wear one of those :lol:
Sam knows what I look like, DON'T try to picture it! :twisted:
Remember, gun control is not about guns, it's about control.
wrench

Previous

Return to The Powder Room