Gun-Day Sunday

A place for women to discuss firearms and other issues specific to women.
Forum rules
Refrain from snide comments, inside jokes, thread drift, and personal attacks or you may lose your posting privileges.

Aggressively moderated

Gun-Day Sunday

Postby hammAR on Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:18 am

http://op-for.com/2010/06/gunday_sunday_more_on_pocket_p.html

Gun-Day Sunday: More on Pocket Pistols
By Lt Col P

Mrs GOP Counterculture sent in pix of her at the range, getting familiar with her new Beretta Tomcat:

"We took my Beretta tomcat (.32) to the range today to give it its first workout. It fits so nicely in my hand since I have small hands; it's like a paperclip in [HUSBAND'S] hand. I liked it a lot, the recoil didn't make my arms fly all over the place like [HUSBAND'S] .45s do. The only problem I had was in pulling back the slide to chamber a round. It was a little tough, but Beretta seems to know that because they have a second option that allows you to pop open the chamber like a hatch, and manually stick a bullet [sic] in there."

I have handled this little piece too, and the slide can be stiff. But wait, there's more! A cautionary tale...

"Oh, it should be noted that when [HUSBAND] fired the tomcat, I was standing a little too closely behind him. One of the spent shell casings flew off the pistol and fell right into my cleavage. I leaped up to get it out of my shirt—that thing was HOT! The folks in the bay next to us were laughing with me..."

Laughing "with" is right-- who amongst us hasn't done the Hot Brass Dance? :-)

My advice on training with the pocket pistol is to bring the target in to about 10 feet, and then practice over and over again so you can put all of the shots into the upper torso in as little time as possible. Don't worry about magazine changes. Of course, then, you might want to progress (slowly and "dry" at first) with drawing it from concealment and engaging. But please, safety, safety, safety and remember Rules 1 and 3.

And always wear a collared shirt! :-)

Enjoy and have a great day Ladies......... :cheers:
All men are created equal....It's what they do from there that matters!.
hammAR

Re: Gun-Day Sunday

Postby Kirstie on Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:53 pm

"Oh, it should be noted that when [HUSBAND] fired the tomcat, I was standing a little too closely behind him. One of the spent shell casings flew off the pistol and fell right into my cleavage. I leaped up to get it out of my shirt—that thing was HOT! The folks in the bay next to us were laughing with me..."

Wow sounds like one of my first post! Yup no tank tops for me at the range!
Kirstie

Postby Pezhead on Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:05 am

It happened to my wife too. I heard of that happening but I thought sure & didn't say anything. Oops no more low cut tops. She had a red mark from a 9mm round for awhile.
Pezhead

Postby ttousi on Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:15 am

3 posts removed as not meeting the intent and guidelines of the Powder Room per the decision of the moderator team and advisory board.
MN Permit Instructor
http://www.tomtgun.com
NRA Training Counselor/Instructor (Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection)
DNR FAS Instructor

"I am not going to be intimidated by some punk with a moderator button."-darkwolf45
ttousi

Postby Lady T on Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:14 am

ttousi wrote:3 posts removed as not meeting the intent and guidelines of the Powder Room per the decision of the moderator team and advisory board.

Thank-you team/board :D

LT
Lady T

Return to The Powder Room