Carry options for women

A place for women to discuss firearms and other issues specific to women.
Forum rules
Refrain from snide comments, inside jokes, thread drift, and personal attacks or you may lose your posting privileges.

Aggressively moderated

Carry options for women

Postby westberg on Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:39 am

This is a great video showing different methods of carrying for women. She makes it look pretty easy to carry and still dress with the latest fashions, at least I think their the latest fashions.

westberg

Re: Carry options for women

Postby plblark on Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:00 am

of course, if she'd mention the manufacturer of her thigh rig, that'd help. Since it sure looks to work and it's one of her primary methods.
private or small grou permit classes available
"I'll take a huge order of fiscal responsibility, a side of small government, hold the religion please. " Paraphrase from Tamara K
RIP 1911Fan
plblark

Postby RobD on Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:25 am

plblark wrote:of course, if she'd mention the manufacturer of her thigh rig, that'd help. Since it sure looks to work and it's one of her primary methods.

Seriously... She's really exercising my google fu.

I'll let you know if I find it. Kirstie may be getting a late bday present.
Political Director - MN Gun Owners Caucus/PAC
NRA Instructor (BP, PPITH, PPOTH, Reloading, RSO)
Certified Glock Armorer - Permit to Carry Instructor - Aegis Outdoors
RobD

Postby westberg on Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:27 am

she mentioned it was custom sized to her, it appeared to be a good quality rig. I posted it more to show that there appears to be options for women in relation to fashion. There has been discussions in past about this.
westberg

Postby Pezhead on Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:01 am

I'll have to check out the entire video when i have time. The Info appears good though.
Pezhead

Postby gyrfalcon on Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:02 pm

Could go with the Galco Thigh Holster if you want to spend less...
"The problem in defense is how far you can go without destroying from within what you are trying to defend from without." -- Dwight D. Eisenhower
gyrfalcon

Postby 45usp45 on Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:37 pm

Thanks for the video.
islam was founded by a violent child molester.
45usp45

Postby Tickledpink on Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:02 pm

Thanks for the video! This is excatly what I have been looking for.
Tickledpink

Postby Falia on Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:44 pm

Hi all! Sorry I forgot to mention the thigh holster maker in my video (I have finally added some little text boxes during the vid) :-) It was made by Terry at Clament Custom Leather. Go to http://www.clamentcustomleather.com/. He does amazing work.. and be sure to tell him that Sonja (satisfied youtube customer) sent you! thx for the video here on this site, by the way - I hope women are finding it to be helpful.
Falia

Postby Dawn on Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:05 pm

Hi Falia, Welcome to the forum! Thanks for the video, very interesting and much appreciated! this sheds a new light on summer dressing! :D
Dawn

Postby gyrfalcon on Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:26 pm

Falia wrote:Hi all! Sorry I forgot to mention the thigh holster maker in my video (I have finally added some little text boxes during the vid) :-) It was made by Terry at Clament Custom Leather. Go to http://www.clamentcustomleather.com/. He does amazing work.. and be sure to tell him that Sonja (satisfied youtube customer) sent you! thx for the video here on this site, by the way - I hope women are finding it to be helpful.

Do you happen to have a ball park figure on how much that holster costs?
"The problem in defense is how far you can go without destroying from within what you are trying to defend from without." -- Dwight D. Eisenhower
gyrfalcon

Postby Falia on Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:07 pm

hmm, off the top of my head, I honestly can't remember what I spent on it (I've spent so much on various holsters, lol). It definitely was one of my lesser expensive holsters, however. The shoulder holster was most expensive, followed by the ankle rig, then the crossbreed supertuck. I will have to see if I can find an old invoice and I will re-post when I find out. I don't want to mistakenly give a wrong price.
Falia

Postby gyrfalcon on Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:29 pm

Falia wrote:hmm, off the top of my head, I honestly can't remember what I spent on it (I've spent so much on various holsters, lol). It definitely was one of my lesser expensive holsters, however...

Hah well I would give it to you for free, but then again I'm not that crafty. Heck those folks who make leather products are pretty secretive when it comes to what they do and costs.
gyrfalcon

Postby Falia on Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:09 pm

Hey! just wanted to let you know that I deleted that vid and uploaded a new revised version - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogGBPVk5GQk
Falia

Return to The Powder Room