Ladies Fieldtrip: buying a handgun!

A place for women to discuss firearms and other issues specific to women.
Forum rules
Refrain from snide comments, inside jokes, thread drift, and personal attacks or you may lose your posting privileges.

Aggressively moderated

Ladies Fieldtrip: buying a handgun!

Postby Lady T on Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:02 pm

Hey Ladies!
Whether it’s a first gun purchase, you’re looking for another gun or would just like to get more “hands on” information on many different kinds of guns-Please join us!
TickledPink (Stephanie) and I (Teresa) are meeting at Bill’s South (Robbinsdale) on Thurs. Nov 18th at 7pm.
I figure we’ll start down at the range, I’ll take out any of the rental guns you would like to handle so you can get the feel for them, compare them side by side and answer any questions you might have about them. Also, what you might want to look for in a handgun depending on what you want it for-target or carry. And what questions you might want to ask when purchasing a gun.
They have over a hundred guns in their rental case, if you want to know what specific guns they have, just go to their website: billsgs.com on the home page, go to “ranges” and click on “view range guns for rent”
If there is a certain gun you want to handle that isn’t in the rental case, we can check out the sales floor to see if they have one up there.

If you want to try the gun out-which I highly recommend, there are a couple of options:
Pay the range fee ($20) the rental fee ($15) + ammo & target. (If you ever rent a gun at Bill's, keep the receipt and show it to the salesperson and they will take the $15 off the purchase price of the gun)
OR: come back to the forum here and list the guns you want to try and I’m sure there are guys out there that own them that would be more than happy to let you try theirs! (Thanks guys-you are the greatest!!!)
If there’s quite a bit interest here, maybe we can even set another date/time for everyone to meet at a range-Ladies and the guys who have the guns they want to try and have a little get together also!
If we do get together and all meet and we are very lucky, maybe Dawn will be there carrying her sidearm (that I would LOVE to have) and will let us try it!!!

Once you know what gun you want. Now it’s time to shop! Not only price, but what is important to you (example: personal service vs internet) etc.

I do not consider this a shopping trip (although, yes, if you want to purchase something-great!) but more of an educational trip for us!
(Up to last spring, I worked at Bill’s North for 5 years & I still instruct for them)

Any questions, please just ask either here or just pm me.

Hope many of you can make it :D

Teresa

Oh Yeah-there’s a bar next door ;)
Lady T

Re: Ladies Fieldtrip: buying a handgun!

Postby Dawn on Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:44 pm

I can make it, I'll bring along my ladyhawk for any who's interested. Looking forward to getting together. Thanks Theresa and tickledpink for organizing this event. :D
Dawn
Dawn

Postby Pezhead on Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:32 am

Sounds like a great idea. If I didn't have a meeting on the other end of town I think Purplelady might enjoy something like that. Maybe next time.
Pezhead

Postby Dawn on Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:15 am

Come ladies where are you? Take advantage of Theresa's offer of her knowledge and hands on experience!!! I hope to meet more women from the forum there!
Dawn
Dawn

Postby Dawn on Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:19 am

Pezhead wrote:Sounds like a great idea. If I didn't have a meeting on the other end of town I think Purplelady might enjoy something like that. Maybe next time.

Depending on your location I could pick up Purplelady if she would like to attend thurs. ladies night. PM me with your info if you want too.
Dawn
Dawn

Postby LittleK on Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:37 am

Hi! I introduced myself a while back, but lurked after that.... sorry I haven't posted in the powder room yet.

This really sounds like so much fun! This week Thursday doesn't work for me, as I'm going to the range this week with a friend already. However, I'd love to get together to try new / different handguns out at a later date.

The week of Nov 29th or the week after would work out well. Wednesday nights are out, though... that's *date* night for me and my man (;

We've got three pistols that I could bring to future events for folks to try:
Blammie: my personal carry pistol, a Taurus PT-111 Mil Pro 9mm
Timmy: my practice pistol, a S&W A22 .22LR
Fried: my man's pistol, a Sig Saur P232 .380

Also I've got an Uplula for quick reloading for the 9mm and .380 magazines. If you've never seen or used one, wow, you gotta try it out. Works like a dream, and makes the entire shooting experience much more fun!

LittleK
LittleK

Postby Tickledpink on Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:17 pm

I am very excited to get out and try things out on my own without the S.O. I think this will be a ton of fun. Thanks Theresa!!
Tickledpink

Postby Pezhead on Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:40 am

To all that are attending have fun. Purplelady won't be able to make it tonight something came up. If it's done again in the future she'll be interested.
Pezhead

Postby Bulldawg on Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:43 am

I hope you all have a great time... I hope there are more of these events in the future as I would like to get my wife involved some day...Be safe and have fun!!! :D
Bulldawg

Postby Squib Joe on Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:14 pm

I have gift bags here for the fieldtrippers.. ask at the range counter
"The weight is a sign of reliability. I always go for reliability." - Boris "The Blade" Yurinov
Squib Joe

Postby Belgiboy on Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:33 pm

And if you buy (and I sure hope you will), let's see some pics!
I have a Colt Python and you don't so what do I care...

Mom, Dad.... I'm Gaelic

http://www.zazzle.com/belgiboy/gifts
Belgiboy

Postby Dawn on Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:24 pm

WAHOOOO! We had a great time! Thanks you Theresa for making my brain spin with your wealth of knowledge! Boy we had a huge pile of firearms to try, HK, springfield, sig, keltec and many more! We completely shot out the orange center in the target! Look out Strad, Tickledpink's going to wup ya real soon! We received a very nice gift bag to take home.You'll have to come next time to find out the surprise in the bag! Thank you so much John, Joe and Theresa for hosting this fine event. I didn't make a purchase yet but most likely soon.

P.S. Thanks Dorian for let us check out your fine assortment of sidearms!

Thanks again
Dawn
Dawn

Postby tullibee on Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:54 am

too bad I didn't read this thread sooner! I was at the north location introducing a couple ladies to handgun shooting. If I had convinced them to go south instead, I could have added a few things to the "try-out list".

Sounds like you had a great time!
tullibee

Postby Pezhead on Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:55 am

Sounds like all had a great time. I hope they do it again.
Pezhead

Postby Tickledpink on Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:08 am

This was so much fun! It was nice to get together with the ladies and try everything out. I learned so much last night from Dawn and Lady T. I will get a picture of the target up sometime soon hopefully.

Big huge Thank You to Lady T for donating her time, Joe for the giftbags, Dorian for the use of his guns. Thank you to Bill's South for hosting. :D :cheerleader2:
Tickledpink

Return to The Powder Room