so the wife just said

A place for women to discuss firearms and other issues specific to women.
Forum rules
Refrain from snide comments, inside jokes, thread drift, and personal attacks or you may lose your posting privileges.

Aggressively moderated

Re: so the wife just said

Postby MissouriDave on Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:51 am

I am sure you will make a good decision.
Last edited by MissouriDave on Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
MissouriDave

Postby Angel Eyes on Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:50 am

Give that woman a Mossberg 500 3 inch, 12 Guage 7 round capacity !!
People who are against guns will never have true freedom !
Angel Eyes

Postby Maniac117 on Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:23 pm

No no no.. I hate to say it, but she sounds like quite the spitfire gentlemen, no less than a 14rnd capacity will make this lady happy...
Kel-tec's 12ga KSG
http://www.keltecweapons.com/news/previ ... hotgun-ksg

(Alright, alright, I forgot how to link images!) Take this thing grousehunting.
MP5?
Maniac117

Postby Snowgun on Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:45 pm

MissouriDave wrote:A woman that agrees that her man needs more guns needs her reward.

The Benelli Super Sport 20 gauge.

Seriously, buy quality. the price tag is worth it. And this will always sell well. I've had my benelli over 15 years and i still prefer it over anything else, and it has never failed me. Trap, upland, waterfowl in sub zero weather, it can do it all with comfort and style.
Victory is reserved for those who are willing to pay its price. - Sun Tzu

The Way is in training... Do nothing which is not of value. - Miyamato Musashi

One who knows the Self puts death to death. - Upanishads
Snowgun
Events Coordinator

Postby MissouriDave on Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:08 pm

MissouriDave wrote:A woman that agrees that her man needs more guns needs her reward.

Image of the Benelli omitted for space.

Seriously, buy quality. the price tag is worth it. And this will always sell well. I've had my Benelli over 15 years and i still prefer it over anything else, and it has never failed me. Trap, upland, waterfowl in sub zero weather, it can do it all with comfort and style.

It looks like we made their decision. Mrs. Stesch_s10 gets a Benelli Super Sport.
MissouriDave

Postby Mrs. Stesch_s10 on Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:44 pm

MissouriDave wrote:

Image of the Benelli omitted for space.

Seriously, buy quality. the price tag is worth it. And this will always sell well. I've had my Benelli over 15 years and i still prefer it over anything else, and it has never failed me. Trap, upland, waterfowl in sub zero weather, it can do it all with comfort and style.

It looks like we made their decision. Mrs. Stesch_s10 gets a Benelli Super Sport.

I like this Decision! A LOT! :P
Mrs. Stesch_s10

Postby 1911fan on Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:03 am

I have a nice 1100 20 gauge auto she can try, its not for sale, but its a nice gun that with field loads barely taps the shoulder. I personally like 11-87's and older beretta 390' series guns.

Here's a link to consider, http://randywakeman.com/Most_Reliable_A ... hotgun.htm

http://www.cabelas.com/east-hartford-gu ... ge-2.shtml

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Beretta- ... 0+20+gauge
1911fan

Postby stesch_s10 on Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:39 pm

I myself shoot an 11-87 12ga and it weighs a ton, well compared to a new SX3 or benelli. I need to get her to cabelas or gander and have her hold all these types. then find one of you monkeys to help us shoot one.
stesch_s10

Postby EJSG19 on Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:55 pm

My wife is riveted to some house makeover show right now so I will post for her.

Go semi auto or go heavy on the weight to lessen recoil. If she is hunting though heavy stinks on a long walk.

She has a beretta 391 that she can remove a stock spacer to bring the length of pull down to her comfort level as she is not overly tall.

Handling and recoil are the big factors. Gauge makes no difference if the gun is right for her. She is the same size as your wife and she happily shoots trap with her 12 gauge and does quite well with it.
EJSG19

"Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt."
EJSG19

Postby stesch_s10 on Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:13 am

We went to Gander the other day just to hold some guns to her. She found the Benelli M2 two the more comfortable, lightest and "prettier" gun. So I told her we will have to wait till halfway through pheasant season before should could possibly get one. But so far that's her favorite gun.
stesch_s10

Postby Snowgun on Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:02 am

stesch_s10 wrote:We went to Gander the other day just to hold some guns to her. She found the Benelli M2 two the more comfortable, lightest and "prettier" gun. So I told her we will have to wait till halfway through pheasant season before should could possibly get one. But so far that's her favorite gun.

The Benelli makes the recoil a dream as well, and you can shoot it FAST! :D

Remember, though they are relatively expensive, this is a gun she will be able to use the rest of her life for ANYTHING. Not only is it a superb hunting weapon, but it is a great piece of sporting equipment for trap or sporting clays (SUPER FUN). This is a way to get outside and do fun stuff.

Make sure you get the gun fitted for her, with the correct length of pull and decent recoil pad. Also, I suggest putting a HiViz sight on it as well (just a simple fiber optic one), which will make the thing a LASER!

Good luck!
Last edited by Snowgun on Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Victory is reserved for those who are willing to pay its price. - Sun Tzu

The Way is in training... Do nothing which is not of value. - Miyamato Musashi

One who knows the Self puts death to death. - Upanishads
Snowgun
Events Coordinator

Postby yuppiejr on Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:37 am

You can't go wrong with a Benelli, my M1 Field was a dream to shoot and I know the M2 has further refined the design - not to mention it's a GREAT looking gun.

That said, based on your "relocating my reloading room" post it sounds like something that offers a lot of value is also a consideration. I just posted up a review on the Bakail MP-153 shotgun (viewtopic.php?f=54&t=25187&p=292861#p292861) I purchased and at less than $400 it's a heck of a buy and has a good if somewhat under the radar reputation for being a quality firearm at a low price. I'd be glad to let either/both of you shoot it once I get it broken through the first 4 boxes of shells, perhaps it's a good option or will only further solidify your decision to go with something higher end like the Benelli. If you are interested I will also see if I can borrow my brother in law's Winchester Super X3 which is another higher-end gas-operated semi auto shotgun I think is worth a look.
yuppiejr

Postby stesch_s10 on Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:15 pm

my brother has the sx3 and that's what she shot at my grandpas skeet range. She liked the lightness but didn't like the longer barrel. We still got awhile before we actually decide. but yes i love it when she shoots either skeet or pheasants with me.
stesch_s10

Previous

Return to The Powder Room