DATE CHANGE - Nov 19th - 50BMG Ladies Shoot

A place for women to discuss firearms and other issues specific to women.
Forum rules
Refrain from snide comments, inside jokes, thread drift, and personal attacks or you may lose your posting privileges.

Aggressively moderated

Re: Nov 12th - 50BMG. Ladies Shoot

Postby OldmanFCSA on Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:55 am

DATE CHANGE AT REQUEST OF OAKDALE GUN CLUB - NOVEMBER 19th

Thanks to ALL for the input.

Bill, Subwofer, and I, OldmanFCSA, will be there with rifles.
We each understand we each would need to pay the Guest Fee.
My daughter wants to come to help demonstrate to the Ladies understand the Rifle will not hurt them. Her video is posted in an above posting. She was 15 when the video was taken.
(She has several college roommates that want to learn to shoot and want to witness or try the 50BMG. They are not aware of the Guest Fee as of yet.)

I am bringing 2 rifles, equipment, and ammo.
Bill is bringing 1 rifle, equipment, and ammo.
Bill is bringing a video camera, and I will be bringing my camera or two.
I am bringing limited additional Safety Equipment for people having forgot thier personal Safety equipment.

These rifles with scopes cost us each about $6000.
The ammo costs are $2.00 each bought in bulk of 800 rounds.
The hand loaded target ammo costs are $3.80 each with $2.15 of that being the CNC turned solid brass 800 grain bullet.
The wear and tear on the brass and rifle barrel, when calculated out, amounts to $1.85 each shot.

So I have offered 5 shots each to the Ladies for a total cost of $3.85 X5 = $19.25 each Lady.
If 5 Ladies show up and shoot, it will cost me $96.25 + $15 Guest Fee = $111.25
If 15 Ladies show up and shoot, it will cost me $288.75 + $15 Guest Fee = $303.75
So - to ask for $ for additional shots will not cause me to make money, just defray the costs a bit.
I have asked for payment for any addditional shots at my cost rate plus a little bit more for wear and tear on equipment.
THIS IS NOT A MONEY MAKING EVENT FOR ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It is an offer to the Ladies to have the opportunity to shoot the 50BMG cartridge in a Target Rifle!

Using round numbers to prevent making coin change and to enable easy calculation, ammo costs are as follows, and includes an additional charge for the equipment,:
Additional shots using Government Surplus Ammo ammo will cost $ 4.00 each shot.
Additional shots using HandLoaded Target Ammo ammo will cost $ 6.00 each shot. This is restricted to only leftover ammo from FCSA Matches we have shot. This is a limited ammount of ammo.
The Ladies will each be allowed to keep 1 casing for bragging rights. This casing will be Berdan primed brass and is not easily reloadable by us. If they desire the brass be highly cleaned inside and out, I will tumble in SS pins for them, only if a name and shipping address is provided and costs are covered. $5.00 approximate USPS cost.

If we end up delaying until Spring, this offer may change or be retracted.
Last edited by OldmanFCSA on Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OldmanFCSA

Re: Nov 12th - 50BMG Ladies Shoot at O.G.C.

Postby Holland&Holland on Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:54 am

just to clarify. November 12th we are open to the public which means you do not need to be a guest of anyone. Just have everyone check in at the clubhouse, pay the 15 dollar range fee and you are good to go. Same with each of your shooters, helpers, ect.

On the money side. It really is just about how it is done. If you have a prearainged deal and folks are payong for your ammo, I do not see any issue, It is just that if you were out there offering anyone 5 shots of .50 BMG for $20 and advertising it as such, those who are working might get the wrong idea and it becomes an issue. Once again, it would be good to call Tom (you can contact him through the club house main number) and jst let him know what you are doing. Will make for a smoother day because he can make sure those who are working know what is going on. People in general always seem to work better when things go the way they expect. Suprises are not good at a gun range. :cheers:

Stay safe and have fun.
Holland&Holland

Re: DATE CHANGE - Nov 19th - 50BMG Ladies Shoot

Postby OldmanFCSA on Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:58 pm

DATE CHANGE AT REQUEST OF OAKDALE GUN CLUB - NOVEMBER 19th

WE ALSO NEED A LIST OF ATTENDEES _ PLEASE PM ME ASAP.

Ladies,

Please note the date change at request of the Oakdale Gun Club. Other requests are also being honored.

We need a list of all attendees - please PM me ASAP.

Dependent on number of attendees, some fee rules may be relaxed - we will wait to see on this, BUT I need you ladies to PM me so I can respond to the Oakdale Gun Club with proper information.

SAFETY RULES WILL NOT BE RELAXED !!!

Note: The OGC Range Officer will have control of the Range - I will have control of the rifles, you will listen to me regarding additional 50BMG safety rules as pertains to our Target rifles. The Range Officer and myself will have a discussion to this effect.
OldmanFCSA

Postby OldmanFCSA on Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:02 pm

To all the other guys posting here in The Powder Room - please post in my new Thread in the General Discussion -Long Guns area.

Let the Ladies have their Discussion Area back - shame on me as much as shame on you.

But I do realize you are trying to keep them safe, as I would do for my wife or daughter
OldmanFCSA

Postby OldmanFCSA on Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:15 am

Ladies, Women, Girls, Gals, whatever,

PLEASE PM me with intention to attend the shoot on the 19th.

Oakdale Gun Club needs to know approximate number to make proper arrangements.

Now that I have the OGC approval, I need to generate a list of attendees.

Start now ..................
OldmanFCSA

Previous

Return to The Powder Room