Shooting Gloves

A place for women to discuss firearms and other issues specific to women.
Forum rules
Refrain from snide comments, inside jokes, thread drift, and personal attacks or you may lose your posting privileges.

Aggressively moderated

Shooting Gloves

Postby Northern Gal on Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:28 am

I live just outside of Duluth and we only have outdoor shooting ranges in my area. This isn't any problem during the warmer months, however, now that it's getting colder I'm looking for gloves to wear when shooting. Do any of you ladies have a particular brand that works out well for you?
Northern Gal

Re: Shooting Gloves

Postby DeanC on Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:46 am

I have found that mechanic's gloves can be a real cost effective option. They provide a lot of dexterity. Harbor Freight has many different types to choose from.

Decrypt the points of departure and return your head slowly and you do not cancel your hair.
DeanC

Postby JJ on Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:51 am

Bob Allen gloves are the best! ANd they happen to be on clearance right now. Normally $48 on their website, now $15 :shock:

If they had the mens gloves on clearance I would buy a case at that price.

http://www.bob-allen.com/category.asp
"a man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box." Frederick Douglass
JJ

Postby lenny7 on Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:36 am

JJ wrote:Bob Allen gloves are the best! ANd they happen to be on clearance right now. Normally $48 on their website, now $15 :shock:

Any idea how women's sizes compare to men's sizes? Those might work for my 14 year old son.
lenny7

Postby JJ on Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:42 am

No clue on how they compare. I am a Men's XXL, that's all I know.

But at that price it might be worth it to try a couple pairs, and gift what doesn't work.
"a man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box." Frederick Douglass
JJ

Postby Northern Gal on Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:44 am

JJ wrote:Bob Allen gloves are the best! ANd they happen to be on clearance right now. Normally $48 on their website, now $15 :shock:

I agree the price is great and I think I'll order a pair, but what is it about these gloves that makes you recommend them so highly? They look like your basic everyday driving gloves.
Northern Gal

Postby lenny7 on Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:45 am

I sent them an email asking for the numerical size info. I'll post it here if I get it.
lenny7

Postby JJ on Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:52 am

Northern Gal wrote:

I agree the price is great and I think I'll order a pair, but what is it about these gloves that makes you recommend them so highly? They look like your basic everyday driving gloves.

I always buy the Delux Shooting gloves. They are reinforced in the area's that need extra protection (trigger finger pad, web of hand). The leather is super thin and you lose very little feeling of the trigger finger, safety and such. http://www.bob-allen.com/inventoryD.asp ... 66G&CatId={A254688F-620A-4BCD-9291-D93C3A10255F}

The women's gloves I linked are not the same as what I usually buy, but from the build quality I have received in the past, I am confident they should work great.
JJ

Postby Northern Gal on Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:54 am

Thanks for the tip!
Northern Gal

Postby SparkyJeff on Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:57 am

DeanC wrote:I have found that mechanic's gloves can be a real cost effective option. They provide a lot of dexterity. Harbor Freight has many different types to choose from.

:iagree: I stash these everywhere, glovebox, trunk, backpack, toolbox, workbench, shed, range bag......
Not really cold weather gloves though.

$6.98 at Menards
http://www.menards.com/main/housewares/ ... c-7082.htm
I like these because they fit my hands, well... just like a glove. ;) I really don't like the "reservoir tip" that some gloves give me at the end of the fingers.
A fight for liberty somewhere, is a fight for liberty everywhere.
SparkyJeff

Postby lenny7 on Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:40 am

From Bob Allen:

Small would be for woman 6-8 medium 10-12 large 14-16 xl 18-20

They must be talking about tops. No way that's for gloves.
lenny7

Postby tman on Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:20 am

Northern Gal wrote:I live just outside of Duluth and we only have outdoor shooting ranges in my area. This isn't any problem during the warmer months, however, now that it's getting colder I'm looking for gloves to wear when shooting. Do any of you ladies have a particular brand that works out well for you?

I wear Hatch insulated patrol gloves. About $30'ish.

Shooting wth gloves on is weird. Changes everything you're used to. I highly recommend it.
Badged Thug & MN Permit to Carry Instructor
Slowly growing 1911 Glock collection. Donations accepted
tman

Postby wrench on Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:33 am

I have never been able to get used to shooting in full gloves, no matter how cold. I wear fingerless gloves with leather palms.
In between shooting, I keep my hands in my pockets with those little chemical heat packs.
I try to load magazines at home so I don't have to touch the ccccccccold ammo at the range. ;)
Remember, gun control is not about guns, it's about control.
wrench

Postby ali_squidz on Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:28 pm

I grabbed some XS deerskin womens thinsulate gloves at the motorcycle show this weekend. $20.
ali_squidz

Postby yuppiejr on Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:44 pm

SparkyJeff wrote:
DeanC wrote:I have found that mechanic's gloves can be a real cost effective option. They provide a lot of dexterity. Harbor Freight has many different types to choose from.

:iagree: I stash these everywhere, glovebox, trunk, backpack, toolbox, workbench, shed, range bag......
Not really cold weather gloves though.

$6.98 at Menards
http://www.menards.com/main/housewares/ ... c-7082.htm
I like these because they fit my hands, well... just like a glove. ;) I really don't like the "reservoir tip" that some gloves give me at the end of the fingers.

These were on clearance for $3 a pair at Menards last weekend, picked up a few at that price.
yuppiejr

Next

Return to The Powder Room