A question for the Ladies

A place for women to discuss firearms and other issues specific to women.
Forum rules
Refrain from snide comments, inside jokes, thread drift, and personal attacks or you may lose your posting privileges.

Aggressively moderated

Re: A question for the Ladies

Postby Pezhead on Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:39 pm

The last gun show i was saw a guy carrying a pink rifle case outside. He made some comment to the effect he couldn't believe he was carrying a pink case in public.
Pezhead

Postby FrauNoodleberg on Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:21 pm

Oooh the pink guns thing got me thinking about the raspberry colored LCP which led me to think about how much I adore the color purple and now, I've decided I need this

and I think I need to do this to my 10/22, too.

For whatever reason, I find it acceptable to mess around with the color of .22s but nothing else? I don't have to have a valid or logical reason- Remember, I have ovaries.
FrauNoodleberg

Postby ali_squidz on Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:52 pm

Bills has a ton of pink and purple. Stay away from the Taurus pt380 dealio someone posted. Its junk. Had one. It was major probs. Sent back and they repaired it again. Finally just sold it.
She should just get a gun for the comfort and fit and then just duracoat it. That'd be the wise move in my opinion.
ali_squidz

Postby XD/Dale on Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:35 pm

She does wear ALOT of pink, and purple. Although she is starting to shy awy from pink, for all the reasons brought up in this thread.
I predict future happiness for
Americans if they can prevent the government
from wasting the labors of the people under the
pretense of taking care of them.
Thomas Jefferson
XD/Dale

Postby Cadet on Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:50 pm

XD/Dale wrote:
gyrfalcon wrote:
XD/Dale wrote:My wife just got her permit to carry and wants to get a handgun of her very own. She would really like to get a pink gun, or a gun that has some pink on it. Is there any web sites that you know of that cater to that type of gun where she could do some window shopping?

The decision to buy a carry gun should not be made on its color unless that's the last deciding factor. You can get any firearm duracoated or painted pink.

not sure I like the look of Dura coat.

Duracoat is a great and extremely easy to use product and I agree that You shouldnt be forced to choose a gun because its pink, For someone who demands pink I would take a second look at duracoat.
Here are some color options-
http://www.lauerweaponry.com/index.cfm? ... ory_id=883
http://www.lauerweaponry.com/index.cfm? ... ory_id=666
http://www.lauerweaponry.com/index.cfm? ... ory_id=732
Shooting better than you since 1995.
Mossberg MVP Predator .223/Benelli R1 300 Win. Mag/Browning Maxus 12 Ga./S&W M&P AR15-22 Mall Ninja MOE Edition/Henry Golden Boy 22LR/Remington 870 Deluxe 20 GA.
Cadet

Postby Pezhead on Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:30 am

I think my wife would like a an M&P in purple. I'd have to let her pick out the shade to many different ones.
Pezhead

Postby Dawn on Thu May 03, 2012 8:23 pm

Thunder71 wrote:Curious... did any ladies every respond? :?

HI , been gone for a while, i love pink but would never own a pink gun of any kind. i think they look much better not pink!!! IMHO ;)
Dawn

Postby MrsSullivan on Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:37 pm

I really really really recommend that she figures out what she is most comfortable handling and shooting before buying ANY gun. Pink or otherwise!! Owning a gun that you are not fully familiar with and comfortable handling and shooting is not only dangerous for her but dangerous for bystanders! I applaud her interest in owning and carrying but with owning and carrying comes a great deal of responsibility. Not only for herself but for others as well. I recommend something that she can shoot easily and aim easily and once she gets her gun she should shoot it frequently! Get very comfortable with how her gun behaves, handles and feels. It's not always as simple as point and shoot. She needs to train herself to have deadly accuracy. It's one thing to shoot someone in your house. It's a whole other ball game when you want to carry in public because most public situations are going to have the potential for innocent bystanders. Something that a lot of people don't think about before carrying. In those situations, you don't get to miss. Have her check out bill gun shop. They have great classes for women and target shoot frequently. Don't just buy her a gun, make sure she develops good aim. A gun is great when the bullet hits its intended target.....miss your target and your target will take your gun and turn the barrel on you! Make sure she's trained to make sure that that doesn't happen
MrsSullivan

Postby BigDog58 on Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:44 am

I put the Pink Grips on my wife's 642 and she just loves it. She changed her attitude from liking, to Loving it the moment I surprised her with the new pink grips installed while she was at work..
NRA RSO
"Never anger a man that can end you, from another zip code

If necessary to fight, I will Fight like I'm the 3rd Monkey on the ramp to Noah's Arc, and brother, it's starting to rain.
BigDog58

Postby Tronster on Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:46 pm

Funny, my wife hates pink guns. When she picked out an XDm she opted for two tone OD green/black.
Tronster

Previous

Return to The Powder Room