Any interest in a Lady's 50BMG shoot?

A place for women to discuss firearms and other issues specific to women.
Forum rules
Refrain from snide comments, inside jokes, thread drift, and personal attacks or you may lose your posting privileges.

Aggressively moderated

Any interest in a Lady's 50BMG shoot?

Postby OldmanFCSA on Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:49 am

As stated above, I'm curious if there would be any interest by the Lady's of MN Gun Talk to shooting a 50BMG target rifle or two or three this coming Spring hopefully at Oakdale Gun Club, if I can arrange for it with Oakdale Gun Club there again.

I'm waiting for warmer weather. I don't like the cold as much anymore.
Besides, if you bring boyfriends or husbands along, they must wear a skirt above the knee to be able to shoot. Kilts must be worn in the traditional manner. Pictures will be taken.

Up to 3 shots per Lady will be free of any charge. The cost of additional shots may need to be by donation.
BUT I prefer that all monies be done by donations to the cause, so as to not violate any rules at OGC.
I do not make any profit at these events, but do enjoy exposing others to the Sport of Target Shooting the 50BMG cartridge.
The last Lady's shoot resulted in about break even cost-wise at 2005 ammo prices, while shooting November 19th, 2011.
We will be shooting military surplus or reloaded military components tailored to my target rifles as my reloaded Match rounds cost in excess of $4 each.

Earplugs and EarMuffs used together is HIGHLY recommended. Safety glasses and hearing protection ARE REQUIRED.
Shooting from within the 200 yard bunker result in an concussive wave of energy that will be felt by the entire body.
Muzzle energy's are in the 12,000 to 14,000 foot/pound range.
Recoil is minimal as my rifles are fitted with very efficient muzzle brakes and weigh up to 50 pounds to minimize felt recoil.
Note: Smaller shooters will feel less recoil than larger shooters - I will explain WHY at the rifle. I will hoover over the shooter to ensure their safety and to prevent scope cuts.
Recoil is similar to a 243Win or a 20 gage shotgun. Noise is excessive.

Please list yeas or nays in this Topic, try not to PM me as my mailbox is full.
Help me to decide upon a good weekend to schedule this shoot.
OldmanFCSA

Re: Any interest in a Lady's 50BMG shoot?

Postby BigDog58 on Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:57 am

Natalie is in for sure. I'll assist you any way you need. Help load ammo coach the ladies to properly fire a 50 BMG anything that you need.
NRA RSO
"Never anger a man that can end you, from another zip code

If necessary to fight, I will Fight like I'm the 3rd Monkey on the ramp to Noah's Arc, and brother, it's starting to rain.
BigDog58

Return to The Powder Room