Burnsville Pistol Range Fundraiser - South - Aug 12th & 20th

For pre-approved charitable fundraising activities only. Mod permission required before starting a thread
Forum rules
Marketplace rules apply

Burnsville Pistol Range Fundraiser - South - Aug 12th & 20th

Postby Thunderjohn on Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:14 pm

*** CULVERS & TRANSFERS for BPR ***

Not sure how Roger & Sue are set with the insurance and it's none of my business, but I know
from a fire experience that there are always expenses, besides deductibles that are not recovered.
And if he doesn't have loss of business coverage, its even worse.

The gun community is a very generous group. Let's show them what we can do to help.

First:
I'm willing to do any transfers, if needed, for their regular customers and will give Roger all money collected.
I charge $20 for handguns and $25 for long guns. You can pay anything you want but that's the minimum.

Second:
Also, we need to do another Culvers night anyway so let's see how many people we can get together and collect as much
as we can to help them out. Come to one or both nights.

Donate what you feel you can. Bring cash if you like (we'll have at least 2 people verify the $ amount) or bring a check.
Maybe you have an old holster, some old ammo or something you can sell and donate the proceeds.

Sunday, August 12th 7-9pm We didn't have quantity for people showing up, but we had Quality. Thanks!!
Monday, August 20th 7-9pm - Let's get a big turnout for this one!

Culvers in downtown Savage - Hwy 13 - 2.5 miles west of 35W.
Turn south on Lynn Ave, then go 1 block and turn right.

Frozen Custard & Butter Burgers + a chance to really help.

I know the south location for this get-together is convenient for a lot of BPR customers, but not all.
Maybe someone can set up something farther east or north for another night so more can participate.
If you can't make it but want to donate, send me an email. We can get checks and forward them on.
SouthwestArms@gmail (dot) com

Thanks everybody. John
**Mods, maybe you can sticky this.
Last edited by Thunderjohn on Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
FFL - http://www.Southwest-Arms.com
God, Family, Business
Emails to SouthwestArms@Gmail.com
Thunderjohn

Re: Burnsville Pistol Range Fundraiser

Postby bstrawse on Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:16 pm

I will happily collect donations at next Thursday's downtown Minneapolis lunch and get down to you as a part of this fundraiser. I'll add a note to that thread.

Bryan
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Postby Thunderjohn on Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:23 pm

bstrawse wrote:I will happily collect donations at next Thursday's downtown Minneapolis lunch and get down to you as a part of this fundraiser. I'll add a note to that thread.

Bryan

Thanks Bryan!
God, Family, Business
Thunderjohn

Postby gunforhire on Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:29 pm

I don't think I can come down, but I will donate fer shure. also, not to hijack but I have been toying with the idea of suggesting a "silent" auction of sorts here for the idea of donations for BPR. here's how it works: someone puts up a item, don't have to be big (should be mailable or guidelines be made for pickup)for auction and starts the auction at a fair starting bid amount(around 65% of it's value). folks here bid on it for say.... 24 hours. at the end of 24 hours, the owner of the item sends it to the winner, after the winner sends the money to a trusted member or members (a mod?) of the forum. Or, Better yet, directly to BPR. whattya think??
"You're not tactical enough to view that video. Practice some rolls for a while, maybe dual wield an airsoft pistol and an Xacto knife, then try again."

~some arfcom user that deserves a beer or 8 from my fridge
gunforhire

Postby Thunderjohn on Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:32 pm

gunforhire wrote:I don't think I can come down, but I will donate fer shure. also, not to hijack but I have been toying with the idea of suggesting a "silent" auction of sorts here for the idea of donations for BPR. here's how it works: someone puts up a item, don't have to be big (should be mailable or guidelines be made for pickup)for auction and starts the auction at a fair starting bid amount(around 65% of it's value). folks here bid on it for say.... 24 hours. at the end of 24 hours, the owner of the item sends it to the winner, after the winner sends the money to a trusted member or members (a mod?) of the forum. Or, Better yet, directly to BPR. whattya think??

Run it by the mods, but sounds like a nice idea.
God, Family, Business
Thunderjohn

Postby gunforhire on Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:44 pm

Thunderjohn wrote:
gunforhire wrote:I don't think I can come down, but I will donate fer shure. also, not to hijack but I have been toying with the idea of suggesting a "silent" auction of sorts here for the idea of donations for BPR. here's how it works: someone puts up a item, don't have to be big (should be mailable or guidelines be made for pickup)for auction and starts the auction at a fair starting bid amount(around 65% of it's value). folks here bid on it for say.... 24 hours. at the end of 24 hours, the owner of the item sends it to the winner, after the winner sends the money to a trusted member or members (a mod?) of the forum. Or, Better yet, directly to BPR. whattya think??

I sent it to Paul, because he is the only mod I know that gets PM's. I tried to forward the message to you as well, but you must have PM'S disabled. oh well, we shall see what happens
"You're not tactical enough to view that video. Practice some rolls for a while, maybe dual wield an airsoft pistol and an Xacto knife, then try again."

gunforhire

Postby Sammichman on Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:24 pm

As previously Posted,,I,ll help if I can but my question is,,,What does BPR want to do ,,,are they going to re-build,,,and having dealt with Roger on More than a Few occasions ,my question is,,would he even accept or want our help ,,he,s a pretty proud guy,,,I,ve offered to buy his staff lunch a few times but he wouldn,t accept it
Sammichman

Postby Hoss on Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:10 pm

Sounds good.I'll be at Culvers on the 12th.
Thanks for setting this up John.
Hoss
Hoss

Postby SmoothAR on Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:44 am

I'll be there on the 12th. Thanks for setting this up John.
SmoothAR

Postby gunforhire on Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:27 am

Thunderjohn wrote:

UPDATE. I talked to paul, he said we are good to go. Thunderjohn, What's the best time to call you and get all of the details set up? I think the proceeds should go to you since you are already taking donations. I plan on launching this no later than Monday

gunforhire

Postby Thunderjohn on Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:46 am

gunforhire wrote:
Thunderjohn wrote:

UPDATE. I talked to paul, he said we are good to go. Thunderjohn, What's the best time to call you and get all of the details set up? I think the proceeds should go to you since you are already taking donations. I plan on launching this no later than Monday

Tonight or Saturday after 8pm. Shoot me an email and I'll send my #
SouthwestArms At gmail (dot) com
Thanks for doing this.
God, Family, Business
Thunderjohn

Re: Burnsville Pistol Range Fundraiser - South

Postby Pezhead on Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:24 pm

We'll try to make it . I'll leave the Hawian Tropic shirt at home this time.
Pezhead

Postby plblark on Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:08 pm

This is spectacular!
private or small grou permit classes available
"I'll take a huge order of fiscal responsibility, a side of small government, hold the religion please. " Paraphrase from Tamara K
RIP 1911Fan
plblark

Postby gunforhire on Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:29 pm

rules are ready, just waiting for the staff here to make the new forum section :thankyou: :rock:

http://www.mnguntalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=33094

gunforhire

Re: Burnsville Pistol Range Fundraiser - South - Aug 12th & 20th

Postby gp55445 on Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:19 pm

I will donate 10 paracord bracelets. viewtopic.php?f=53&t=28873 Could someone please contact me to figure out the logistics?

Thx.

GP
gp55445

Next

Return to Charitable Auctions/Sales