Charity Auction: STI frame with a bunch of race internals

For pre-approved charitable fundraising activities only. Mod permission required before starting a thread
Forum rules
Marketplace rules apply

Charity Auction: STI frame with a bunch of race internals

Postby Shipyard on Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:41 am

i've gotten a ton of PM's about this item, and i really don't know what the heck i got so..... here's the story and what we're going to do....

i dabbled with a race gun once, and this package found it's way into my hands with the thought that i'd put it together and learn all about 1911's and put my colt slide on it and see what happened.. .well... didn't do nuthin with it and i'm out of the gamer scene. it's a used frame and have no clue what's what in the bag but there's a magwell, race trigger, race hammer all sorts of stuff....

i debated trying to sell this but i just don't feel right about it since it was given to me on a great deal with good intentions that i wasn't able to take advantage of. so, in the spirit of paying it forward, i figured we'd see if we can raise a little cash to do some good.

i'd like to do an auction on this package with the proceeds going to the Ronald McDonald childrens foundation in care of TH3180. Also want to remind everyone to keep on on collecting your pop tabs and scrap brass: viewtopic.php?f=36&t=27845&p=318540#p318540

I will see if i can bribe Strad tonight to take some better pictures of everything that's in the parts bag. i will get as much info as i can on it and update later. for now, all i have is one crappy cell phone pic.

SInce this is a sales thread in teh marketplace, please keep questions on topic and i will answer to the best of my abilities. if you wish to PM me an offer i will post the info in the thread (so people know what tou score is - only fair) without you being mentioned.

the other day i was offered an opening bid of $40 and a case of PBR :D let's open it up here and see where it goes. :P

AUCTION END DATE IS 7PM ON TUESDAY OCT 30th
Attachments
IMAG0345.jpg
Last edited by Shipyard on Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
i do what i can, where i'm needed, and i ask so little in return. i'm a true humanitarian fueled by rainbows and whiskey. you should be so lucky to know me...

Shipyard wrote:no kidding. that guy gets banned from here more than i quit this place :lol:
Shipyard

Re: Charity Auction: STI frame with a bunch of race internals

Postby Shipyard on Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:49 am

Bid is now $75
i do what i can, where i'm needed, and i ask so little in return. i'm a true humanitarian fueled by rainbows and whiskey. you should be so lucky to know me...

Shipyard wrote:no kidding. that guy gets banned from here more than i quit this place :lol:
Shipyard

Postby Shipyard on Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:52 am

$120 - wow, this is a great start!!!!

Shipyard

Postby Shipyard on Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:26 am

$175 :P

Shipyard

Postby Shipyard on Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:51 am

BAM!

$200

8-)

i can't believe this is offered with one crappy cell phone pic - you guys are awesome!

Shipyard

Postby GunGoogler on Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:36 am

Are the safety mechanisms still functional?
If you are reading this, there is a better than average chance that you are a d-bag.
GunGoogler

Postby Shipyard on Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:25 am

GunGoogler wrote:Are the safety mechanisms still functional?

i have never assembled the frame and the parts so i don't know what any of the functionality might be....

Strad and i were going to get some better pics of all the goodies up last night but somehow we sort of tripped over a bottle of makers mark and well.... pics should be up sonner rather than later. thank mr. strad for doing me a solid. after all, it's for the children :D

Shipyard

Postby Shipyard on Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:10 am

$205.00 8-)

Shipyard

Postby FJ540 on Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:21 am

Where's the expanded pics of the goodie bag? Also, some more of the frame rail and mag well (from the top) would be good.
FJ540

Postby Stradawhovious on Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:59 pm

Pics as requested by Shipyard.

I know the rules are strictly enforced and me posting the pics (as opposed to Shipyard) may not be withing the scope of said rules, but I would assume that due to the nature of this auction my post it will not be deleted.
If you're reading this, there are better than even odds you are a d-bag.
Stradawhovious

Postby Shipyard on Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:23 pm

Thank you very much Strad for the awesome pics.

Allright folks, we stalled out a little bit here, let's see if we can't throw some more.cash in the pile for kids in need!!!!

We got a week to go to poke and prod and try and try and have a little fun for a good cause.

Any other questions, pm me

:D

Shipyard

Postby Shipyard on Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:31 am

$210 folks 8-)

Shipyard

Postby gunforhire on Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:15 am

for lack of better terminology, is the dingus on the frame for mounting optics removable?
"You're not tactical enough to view that video. Practice some rolls for a while, maybe dual wield an airsoft pistol and an Xacto knife, then try again."

~some arfcom user that deserves a beer or 8 from my fridge
gunforhire

Postby Shipyard on Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:00 am

gunforhire wrote:for lack of better terminology, is the dingus on the frame for mounting optics removable?

it is, but i believe then you have open mounting holes. i'll take some better pics tonight of the "dingus" and post 'em up :lol:
[/b]
Last edited by Shipyard on Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Shipyard

Postby Shipyard on Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:06 pm

$275 :D

Shipyard

Next

Return to Charitable Auctions/Sales