Cancer benefit auctions ending today and on Sunday

For pre-approved charitable fundraising activities only. Mod permission required before starting a thread
Forum rules
Marketplace rules apply

Cancer benefit auctions ending today and on Sunday

Postby bbk on Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:22 pm

This is just a reminder for those who have not seen these auctions or still want to help.

Lots of good things to bid on to help Members of this forum who are stand up people.

Need some hard to find .22 ammo ?, you can find it here for a very reasonable price; try finding it at Gander or Cabella's; Ha, I don't think so!

Please work with me people...

For anyone who who has helped a loved one or someone who is battling cancer, you can understand what they are going through physically, emotionally and financially and you know what a toll it takes on you as a caregiver.
Alot of folks bitch about how this is not a "perfect" forum and it is not, but the fact is, that there are some great people here who really do care about Mn gun owners and are willing to help when times get tough.

I hope I get to deliver some Big donations next week.

Pm's are welcome and thanks for your support.

Charlie
Attachments
P1000976.JPG
bbk

Re: Cancer benefit auctions ending today and on Sunday

Postby bbk on Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:37 pm

All funds have been sent out for the auctions. Thank you for your support and keeping these guy's in your thoughts and prayers!

Charlie
bbk

Postby thunderoussilence on Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:43 pm

Just wanted to add something,

This isn't about getting a deal, This is about helping someone who is facing a disease that does not follow any "rules". It destroys you. Tears you apart. Side effects, suppressed immune system, A regimen of medications that are the same meds they give for Anthrax. Cipro is a pill about 1 inch long.

My whole point is this may hurt your wallet but it is nothing compared to pain of chemo, medications and the burden, embarassment you feel for your caregivers.

I wish you all the best

Declan.
thunderoussilence

Postby bbk on Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:11 pm

Thank you Declan; no one could have said it better.

I hope you know that the folks here, do care , and some of us can "attempt", to understand, what it is like to go through this disease.

It has been rewarding to meet so many members participating in these auctions; those who are batteling treatments ; are helping friends or relatives in similar situations, and just those who want to pay it foreward. You dug into your hearts and wallets for someone you have never met.

Cancer Sucks, as RJWesleyIII told us; especially at the young age of 33. And XDM45 has kept a great attitude through his journey. Declan has been a positive force here for all of us.

Keep fighting people! And let's keep supporting each other.

A very generous member here has donated the 500 round brick of Armscor .22 back for auction. I am open to suggestions for where it should go next.

Pm's are welcome as are private donations for future auctions.

Thank You,

Charlie
bbk

Return to Charitable Auctions/Sales