OK, time to get one

Re: OK, time to get one

Postby Uffdaphil on Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:18 pm

I just ordered a Silencerco Omega 9K through Atomic Tactical in Savage. A can that works for both 9mm and 300BLK. Won’t be as quiet as my Recce 7, but shorter and lighter will be nice on my 9” SBR.

Previously I used a trust, but the new kiosk system simplifies the process so well I’m submitting as an individual from now on. Ken and Josh were very helpful and I won’t have to re-enter my info in future. They said wait times are down to about 5 months now.
NRA Endowment Member
Viet Nam Veteran
High Information Voter
Uffdaphil
 
Posts: 551 [View]
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:37 pm
Location: Bloomington

Re: OK, time to get one

Postby Ghost on Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:36 pm

Uffdaphil wrote:I just ordered a Silencerco Omega 9K through Atomic Tactical in Savage. A can that works for both 9mm and 300BLK. Won’t be as quiet as my Recce 7, but shorter and lighter will be nice on my 9” SBR.

Previously I used a trust, but the new kiosk system simplifies the process so well I’m submitting as an individual from now on. Ken and Josh were very helpful and I won’t have to re-enter my info in future. They said wait times are down to about 5 months now.

You can use the kiosk to submit using a trust. When I did my tranquillo I did it through silencershop at the frontiersman (Atomic was closed at the time). Just had to do the prints at the kiosk, fill out some info, upload a picture taken on my phone and then emailed silencershop the trust.
User avatar
Ghost
 
Posts: 3314 [View]
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:49 pm

Re: OK, time to get one

Postby 2in2out on Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:03 pm

Kiosk? So, they do the finger prints, photos and everything? That would be very cool - I need to go see Atomic's new store.
"...the liberties of the American people were dependent upon the ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box; that without these no class of people could live and flourish in this country..." ---Frederick Douglass
User avatar
2in2out
 
Posts: 975 [View]
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:19 am
Location: SE MN

OK, time to get one

Postby gun_fan111v2 on Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:27 pm

Ghost wrote:
Uffdaphil wrote:I just ordered a Silencerco Omega 9K through Atomic Tactical in Savage. A can that works for both 9mm and 300BLK. Won’t be as quiet as my Recce 7, but shorter and lighter will be nice on my 9” SBR.

Previously I used a trust, but the new kiosk system simplifies the process so well I’m submitting as an individual from now on. Ken and Josh were very helpful and I won’t have to re-enter my info in future. They said wait times are down to about 5 months now.

You can use the kiosk to submit using a trust. When I did my tranquillo I did it through silencershop at the frontiersman (Atomic was closed at the time). Just had to do the prints at the kiosk, fill out some info, upload a picture taken on my phone and then emailed silencershop the trust.


They finally got those going? It sat half-assembled in that store for a while...
User avatar
gun_fan111v2
 
Posts: 663 [View]
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:31 pm

Re: OK, time to get one

Postby Ghost on Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:48 pm

gun_fan111v2 wrote:
Ghost wrote:
Uffdaphil wrote:I just ordered a Silencerco Omega 9K through Atomic Tactical in Savage. A can that works for both 9mm and 300BLK. Won’t be as quiet as my Recce 7, but shorter and lighter will be nice on my 9” SBR.

Previously I used a trust, but the new kiosk system simplifies the process so well I’m submitting as an individual from now on. Ken and Josh were very helpful and I won’t have to re-enter my info in future. They said wait times are down to about 5 months now.

You can use the kiosk to submit using a trust. When I did my tranquillo I did it through silencershop at the frontiersman (Atomic was closed at the time). Just had to do the prints at the kiosk, fill out some info, upload a picture taken on my phone and then emailed silencershop the trust.


They finally got those going? It sat half-assembled in that store for a while...

Works very well. You do the fingerprints on the machine. Photo through the silencershop app for your smartphone. It's a very slick system. They do everything.
User avatar
Ghost
 
Posts: 3314 [View]
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:49 pm

Re: OK, time to get one

Postby Bearcatrp on Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:06 pm

Well that was painless. Just ordered my dead air sandman -S. Was out the door in less than 30 minuets. Now the wait begins. Anyone getting theirs under 6 months?
Bearcatrp
 
Posts: 1237 [View]
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:57 pm

Re: OK, time to get one

Postby Ghost on Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:07 pm

Bearcatrp wrote:Well that was painless. Just ordered my dead air sandman -S. Was out the door in less than 30 minuets. Now the wait begins. Anyone getting theirs under 6 months?

My last one was accepted by the ATF on 8/26. I’ll let you know when it’s approved.
User avatar
Ghost
 
Posts: 3314 [View]
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:49 pm

Re: OK, time to get one

Postby Bearcatrp on Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:28 am

Since Accutac did my paperwork, how can I track mine?
Bearcatrp
 
Posts: 1237 [View]
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:57 pm

Re: OK, time to get one

Postby Ghost on Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:09 am

Bearcatrp wrote:Since Accutac did my paperwork, how can I track mine?

Just wait a few months and then you can call the ATF and ask. I’d at least wait until June or so. No point in worrying about it now.
User avatar
Ghost
 
Posts: 3314 [View]
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:49 pm

Re: OK, time to get one

Postby LarryP on Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:39 pm

Why is the wait so long?
LarryP
 
Posts: 1082 [View]
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:57 pm

Re: OK, time to get one

Postby Ghost on Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:50 pm

LarryP wrote:Why is the wait so long?

Because it's government
User avatar
Ghost
 
Posts: 3314 [View]
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:49 pm

Re: OK, time to get one

Postby Holland&Holland on Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:02 pm

Ghost wrote:
LarryP wrote:Why is the wait so long?

Because it's government


Because they are dysfunctional and hate us.
User avatar
Holland&Holland
 
Posts: 4581 [View]
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:17 am

Re: OK, time to get one

Postby Ghost on Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:10 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:
Ghost wrote:
LarryP wrote:Why is the wait so long?

Because it's government


Because they are dysfunctional and hate us.

I actually haven't experienced hate from any of the BATFE people I've dealt with. But it's a bureaucratic fleecing of the American so they do seem to take their time, it could be lack of resources maybe it's a priority thing. I don't know the inner workings but it's a very slow process.
User avatar
Ghost
 
Posts: 3314 [View]
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:49 pm

Re: OK, time to get one

Postby BigDog58 on Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:36 am

Time for one of these

50 BMG Suppressed.jpg
NRA RSO
"Never anger a man that can take you out, from another zip code"
User avatar
BigDog58
 
Posts: 1785 [View]
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:03 am
Location: Edina, MN

Re: OK, time to get one

Postby Bearcatrp on Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:00 pm

BigDog58 wrote:Time for one of these

50 BMG Suppressed.jpg

Wow. Oldman would like that. Would like to here how quiet that one is. Its nuts we have to wait 6-9 months for suppressors or SBR's. Bet the bad guys get theirs under 5 months but us good citizens have to wait forever. Be glad when they pass the bill to get them quicker.
Bearcatrp
 
Posts: 1237 [View]
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:57 pm

Previous

Return to Suppressors

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron