OK, time to get one

Re: OK, time to get one

Postby Uffdaphil on Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:18 pm

I just ordered a Silencerco Omega 9K through Atomic Tactical in Savage. A can that works for both 9mm and 300BLK. Won’t be as quiet as my Recce 7, but shorter and lighter will be nice on my 9” SBR.

Previously I used a trust, but the new kiosk system simplifies the process so well I’m submitting as an individual from now on. Ken and Josh were very helpful and I won’t have to re-enter my info in future. They said wait times are down to about 5 months now.
NRA Endowment Member
Gun Owners Caucus Life Member
Viet Nam Veteran
High Information Voter
Uffdaphil

Postby Ghost on Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:36 pm

Uffdaphil wrote:I just ordered a Silencerco Omega 9K through Atomic Tactical in Savage. A can that works for both 9mm and 300BLK. Won’t be as quiet as my Recce 7, but shorter and lighter will be nice on my 9” SBR.

Previously I used a trust, but the new kiosk system simplifies the process so well I’m submitting as an individual from now on. Ken and Josh were very helpful and I won’t have to re-enter my info in future. They said wait times are down to about 5 months now.

You can use the kiosk to submit using a trust. When I did my tranquillo I did it through silencershop at the frontiersman (Atomic was closed at the time). Just had to do the prints at the kiosk, fill out some info, upload a picture taken on my phone and then emailed silencershop the trust.
Ghost

Postby 2in2out on Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:03 pm

Kiosk? So, they do the finger prints, photos and everything? That would be very cool - I need to go see Atomic's new store.
"...the liberties of the American people were dependent upon the ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box; that without these no class of people could live and flourish in this country..." ---Frederick Douglass
2in2out

OK, time to get one

Postby gun_fan111v2 on Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:27 pm

Ghost wrote:
Uffdaphil wrote:I just ordered a Silencerco Omega 9K through Atomic Tactical in Savage. A can that works for both 9mm and 300BLK. Won’t be as quiet as my Recce 7, but shorter and lighter will be nice on my 9” SBR.

You can use the kiosk to submit using a trust. When I did my tranquillo I did it through silencershop at the frontiersman (Atomic was closed at the time). Just had to do the prints at the kiosk, fill out some info, upload a picture taken on my phone and then emailed silencershop the trust.

They finally got those going? It sat half-assembled in that store for a while...
gun_fan111v2

Postby Ghost on Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:48 pm

gun_fan111v2 wrote:
Ghost wrote:

They finally got those going? It sat half-assembled in that store for a while...

Works very well. You do the fingerprints on the machine. Photo through the silencershop app for your smartphone. It's a very slick system. They do everything.
Ghost

Postby Bearcatrp on Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:06 pm

Well that was painless. Just ordered my dead air sandman -S. Was out the door in less than 30 minuets. Now the wait begins. Anyone getting theirs under 6 months?
Bearcatrp

Postby Ghost on Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:07 pm

Bearcatrp wrote:Well that was painless. Just ordered my dead air sandman -S. Was out the door in less than 30 minuets. Now the wait begins. Anyone getting theirs under 6 months?

My last one was accepted by the ATF on 8/26. I’ll let you know when it’s approved.
Ghost

Postby Bearcatrp on Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:28 am

Since Accutac did my paperwork, how can I track mine?
Bearcatrp

Postby Ghost on Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:09 am

Bearcatrp wrote:Since Accutac did my paperwork, how can I track mine?

Just wait a few months and then you can call the ATF and ask. I’d at least wait until June or so. No point in worrying about it now.
Ghost

Postby LarryP on Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:39 pm

Why is the wait so long?
LarryP

Postby Ghost on Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:50 pm

LarryP wrote:Why is the wait so long?

Because it's government
Ghost

Postby Holland&Holland on Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:02 pm

Ghost wrote:

Because it's government

Because they are dysfunctional and hate us.
Holland&Holland

Postby Ghost on Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:10 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:
Ghost wrote:

Because it's government

Because they are dysfunctional and hate us.

I actually haven't experienced hate from any of the BATFE people I've dealt with. But it's a bureaucratic fleecing of the American so they do seem to take their time, it could be lack of resources maybe it's a priority thing. I don't know the inner workings but it's a very slow process.
Ghost

Postby BigDog58 on Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:36 am

Time for one of these

50 BMG Suppressed.jpg
NRA RSO
"Never anger a man that can end you, from another zip code

If necessary to fight, I will Fight like I'm the 3rd Monkey on the ramp to Noah's Arc, and brother, it's starting to rain.
BigDog58

Postby Bearcatrp on Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:00 pm

BigDog58 wrote:Time for one of these

50 BMG Suppressed.jpg

Wow. Oldman would like that. Would like to here how quiet that one is. Its nuts we have to wait 6-9 months for suppressors or SBR's. Bet the bad guys get theirs under 5 months but us good citizens have to wait forever. Be glad when they pass the bill to get them quicker.
Bearcatrp

PreviousNext

Return to Suppressors