Dealer to transfer new suppressor from out of state?

Postby Erud on Sun May 24, 2020 10:03 am

So I have a friend in WI who is a suppressor dealer. He will give me really good pricing, but me being a MN resident causes some complications. Does anyone know of a SOT (or whatever, I’m not up on all the terminology) dealer that would do the form 4 transfer if I bought from him to ship to MN? Obviously I would expect to pay for this service.

Thanks for any help.
Erud

Postby gun_fan111v2 on Sun May 24, 2020 1:21 pm

Atomic Tactical used to provide this service, from what I recall.
gun_fan111v2

Re: Dealer to transfer new suppressor from out of state?

Postby Bitter Bastard on Sun May 24, 2020 6:11 pm

Accutac arms in Lakeville. Good people, efficient, know what they are doing.

Good luck!

Bitter Bastard
Bitter Bastard

Postby nhluke on Sun May 24, 2020 7:35 pm

I've used a few places... Accutac will be my next.
One benefit to a place like modern sportsman or a place with a range is you can shoot it at their facility while you wait for the one year of stupidity to end. I'll assume your friend is getting something for a rifle to shoot at longer than indoor ranges so it's not a selling point.

If your buddy is really from Wisconsin, Accutac gives beer vouchers to a lil spot near their shop.
nhluke

Postby Erud on Mon May 25, 2020 5:54 am

Thanks guys. I’m very close to Lakeville, so I will check with Accutac tomorrow and see if they can help.

One year of stupidity is right. That’s what’s stopped me from getting any up until now. Oh well, I know our benevolent overlords only make these laws for our own good, and I trust them completely to do the right thing.
Erud

Postby Bitter Bastard on Mon May 25, 2020 9:20 am

Erud wrote:Thanks guys. I’m very close to Lakeville, so I will check with Accutac tomorrow and see if they can help.

One year of stupidity is right. That’s what’s stopped me from getting any up until now. Oh well, I know our benevolent overlords only make these laws for our own good, and I trust them completely to do the right thing.

I just picked up a silencer Saturday from Accutac that only took six months to xfer. So there's hope!

Bitter Bastard
Bitter Bastard

Postby Erud on Mon May 25, 2020 12:02 pm

Nice! That is encouraging.
Erud

Postby yukonjasper on Tue May 26, 2020 7:56 am

Bitter Bastard wrote:
Erud wrote:Thanks guys. I’m very close to Lakeville, so I will check with Accutac tomorrow and see if they can help.

I just picked up a silencer Saturday from Accutac that only took six months to xfer. So there's hope!

Bitter Bastard

Congratulations, it had to be tough to delay y
Its inevitable indiscriminate killing spree, since it is well known that suppressors are very very dangerous...... ;)
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby Erud on Sat May 30, 2020 7:19 pm

Just a follow-up here. I stopped in at Accutac on Thursday. Dillon was super cool, and I think I learned more about suppressors after BS’ing with him for 15 minutes than I knew prior to that. He is going to do the transfer on the can that my buddy’s shop has in stock, and I am buying the other directly from Accutac. I’m glad that this shop exists, and is so close to me.

Thanks for the help.
Erud

Return to Suppressors