How many are actually buying suppressors?

How many are actually buying suppressors?

Postby MJY65 on Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:14 am

I'd have to admit that my enthusiasm for the purchase has been dampened a bit as I've done more research. I'm definitely glad we now have the legal option to purchase, just not sure if I will.

How about you guys? Anybody ordering?
MJY65

Re: How many are actually buying suppressors?

Postby Erud on Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:17 am

Same as you. Glad we have the option, but don't have any particular use for one, and have other things to spend money on. Also, don't want to go through the hassle.
Erud

Postby JJ on Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:22 am

With my wife not working (out on work comp) I have had some juggling to do with the checkbook. I will be filing a couple Form 1's hopefully in August. None of this process is cheap, and gettign a trust setup right is my priority at the moment.

That said, i know three or four freinds who have their Form 4's already in process, and are hoping they don't get kicked back because they filed before the law change took effect.
"a man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box." Frederick Douglass
JJ

Postby Shawski on Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:37 am

I've got two suppressors on order. Really looking forward to using them, should make my sbr's a bit less noisy.
Shawski

Postby Ghost on Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:42 am

I've got my form 4's in process. It's a lot of money and hassle but I saved up for it and also cancelled some night vision that I can't use here anyway.
Ghost

Postby bstrawse on Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:43 am

Maybe I did. Maybe I didn't ;)
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Postby Erud on Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:31 am

bstrawse wrote:Maybe I did. Maybe I didn't ;)

Yep. Nobody needs to know except for you, and a bunch of your favorite federal agencies.
Erud

Postby yukonjasper on Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:54 am

Hassle factor will keep me out of the market. Awesome that they are legal but what a pain. Hopefully the hysteria will subside after some time passes and the process will get less cumbersome.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby Bearcatrp on Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:17 pm

Would like to but the funds aren't there. Still saving to possibly do a SBR but in no hurry to pay the 200 dollar extortion fee.
Bearcatrp

Postby Holland&Holland on Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:27 pm

yukonjasper wrote:Hassle factor will keep me out of the market. Awesome that they are legal but what a pain. Hopefully the hysteria will subside after some time passes and the process will get less cumbersome.

Less cumbersome would only happen with a change to federal law.
Holland&Holland

Postby ferch on Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:40 pm

I've got a SilencerCo Omega ordered and Form 4 processing.
ferch

Postby grimbeaver on Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:59 pm

Don't really have a need for one at the moment so I won't be. And since most of my guns are not threaded anyways that would just add to the cost.
grimbeaver

Postby mrp on Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:20 pm

I probably won't be purchasing one soon. I will be looking at getting threaded barrels on any future purchases, though. The Axis with a threaded barrel is $15 more than the one without, if some dude on the interwebs is correct. If I had recently purchased a G19, and I'm not saying I have, I'd have gone with the G19 TB.
mrp

Postby BC98 on Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:43 pm

Will probably put in my order for my first can within the next couple of weeks. I had already had some cash saved up but had to dip into that pool to cover a couple of other expenses and need to build the fun fund back up through the sale of some unneeded parts. As funds become available, I'll pick up a couple of more later on.

In terms of "hassle", I've got 2 SBR's so the process for this will be no different to me.
BC98

Postby Ghost on Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:52 pm

mrp wrote:I probably won't be purchasing one soon. I will be looking at getting threaded barrels on any future purchases, though. The Axis with a threaded barrel is $15 more than the one without, if some dude on the interwebs is correct. If I had recently purchased a G19, and I'm not saying I have, I'd have gone with the G19 TB.

No kidding, that's the next step. I may or may not have a threaded barrel that just came in for a 1911 plus if you get a quick detach suppressor you need to buy compatible brakes or flash hiders... it's much more expensive than the suppressors and the governmental permission to use them. Oh and now I see a 300BLK as being useful so that will be in the someday down the road list. :cry:
Ghost

Next

Return to Suppressors